I just bought a new Line 6 Spider III 75 watt amp at the local store. I played for like 30 seconds, held down A, and it won't work anymore. First, the lights flashed on and off. Now all the lights are just off. It sounded like it was going on and off before. Now it makes no sound, and I am so upset. Can someone help me?!
Take it back and thank god you have the opportunity to avoid months of poor tone.
take it back to the store and if you still want a Spider they should exchange it. I would recommend though that you find something different. the Roland Cubes and Vox Valvetronix models are all better when it comes to sound and modeling.
Honestly, just take it back. They should either be able to fix, replace, or refund it.
Read the manual? you might have put it in one of the "secret" modes. or maybe its just crashed like a computer (my brothers one has done this before).

The manual will help.

Edit: OMG, i missed the bandwagon . Take the amp back and get a Roland cube.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Well, if you are sure it doesn't work, you might as well take it back. Also, even though imgooly kinda was a dick, he is right. Only get another spider if you really like them(you can already see the reliability), but the GG&A can recomend a better amp.

Another thing, I thought the Spider had some sort of digital reset or something like that? Check the manual, see what you can find.
Life Sucks, And Then You Die

So make the very best of it

My Last.fm Profile

Please check out my Youtube, and friend me if you like it. I do C4C, and I gladly will crit anything if you ask me.

I <3 My Xiphos
Quote by rocker931
Can someone just help? I'm not looking for an immature Marshal fanboy...

Was that directed at me?

If you look at my profile, I say Marshalls are overrated.

The Spider is not a good sounding amp. Period.
I agree with Imgooley. I dont like the sound of the spider on its distortion settings or at high volumes, but the cleans arent too bad at low volumes. If you like the oodles of effects maybe take a look at the peavey vypyr 30 watt? Solid state amps tend to be harder to fix, so I would atleast recommend taking it back to the store. Of course a good and a bad tone is based on the player
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Hummingbird
Yamaha CG-101
Peavey Classic 30
Well, I'm a fanboy of the Marshall sound, but the Spider really does suck massive balls. See if you can get a different amp.
New amps have glitches, some more than others. What did the manual say? That's a great amp.

Edit: So does it turn on yet?
Last edited by gregs1020 at Oct 28, 2008,
Sorry about that imgooly. I'm just really pissed off right now. What a piece of crap Line 6 is. I'm gonna get a new guitar with the money. I saw a beautiful Jackson there. Only reason I got the Line 6 was for the presets and the effects.
return Spider
play: Roland Cube, Peavey Vypry
choose what you like best
win!
Quote by rocker931
Can someone just help? I'm not looking for an immature Marshal fanboy...

wow you really pegged that guy

i suggest you look for a reset.
or return it and get another one. i think spiders are pretty good and reliable.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
\

Guilty

@TS- Personally, I like the Vox Valvetronix for cheaper modeling amps. 2 programmable channels et. al. More effects, etc.
Quote by imgooley
Guilty

@TS- Personally, I like the Vox Valvetronix for cheaper modeling amps. 2 programmable channels et. al. More effects, etc.

Plus it actually, ya know sounds pretty damn good.
Quote by jj1565

i suggest you look for a reset.
or return it and get another one. i think spiders are pretty good and reliable.

Best advice in this thread, I don't know why all you people are bashing the spider.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by imgooley
Was that directed at me?

If you look at my profile, I say Marshalls are overrated.

The Spider is not a good sounding amp. Period.

its true i actually just checked, he does infact say marshalls are over rated

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.