i have a Mexican Strat. i put skinny top heavy bottom strings on and the tremolo is all the way up, so i can only push it down with the bar, and it is annoying. ive tryed adjusting the screws in front of it. it didnt help. i noticed on the back there is 3 springs, but room for 5. should i have all 5? i also noticed the little metal piece that holds the springs can be adjusted to be farther away. would that help? any help is appreciated, i want my tremolo fixed
Quote by freddaahh
I just head-desked so hard I went through the floor and came out in Mongolia.
also. is this in the wrong forum?
Quote by freddaahh
the metal piece that holds the springs in the rear cavity needs to be screwed in farther. That will stretch the springs more and pull your tremolo down. If that doesn't solve the problem, you can add springs.
Quote by irishstang_87
the metal piece that holds the springs in the rear cavity needs to be screwed in farther. That will stretch the springs more and pull your tremolo down. If that doesn't solve the problem, you can add springs.

thanks, is there a limit to how much i should screw that in? and should i add just one or 2 springs?
Quote by freddaahh
Quote by sk8erk1d1313
thanks, is there a limit to how much i should screw that in? and should i add just one or 2 springs?

You shouldn't have to screw it in that much, your tremelo should have a little gap at the rear. Here's a few pics of my strat so you can see what it should look like.
Attachments:
BridgeSpacing.JPG
IMG_1286.JPG
Quote by eurotrashed
Just screw the piece in in the tremelo cavity and you will be fine

Or add a spring or two to get it fixed.

Seriously, there should be a sticky here, this thread pops up every week or so.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
Or add a spring or two to get it fixed.

Seriously, there should be a sticky here, this thread pops up every week or so.

Why would you go through the trouble of adding a spring? You are supposed to adjust the tremolo height when you change string gauges by simply screwing it in further. Its not rocket surgery.
Quote by eurotrashed
Why would you go through the trouble of adding a spring? You are supposed to adjust the tremolo height when you change string gauges by simply screwing it in further. Its not rocket surgery.

Springs can give you a different feel. I'd mess with the claw screws to adjust the tremelo height, and with more springs to get a different feel.
Quote by irishstang_87
You shouldn't have to screw it in that much, your tremelo should have a little gap at the rear. Here's a few pics of my strat so you can see what it should look like.

thanks for the pics. definitely helped
Quote by freddaahh