I have difficulties categorizing this band in a sub-genre. Anybody know what sub-genre of metal they are exactly?
Nobody is perfect...

I am nobody...
No where in metal... try alternative.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
They're alternative rock punk metal-ish type music... With hip hop and thrash influences...

They draw from a lot of directions...

On UG, they belong in modern rock though.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by Phill-Rock
They're alternative rock punk metal-ish type music... With hip hop and thrash influences...

They draw from a lot of directions...

On UG, they belong in modern rock though.

Yeah, I see what you mean, they barely are metal...
Nobody is perfect...

I am nobody...
umm try not to use genres too much. sure its good for organizing but really when you listen to a wider variety of music you will find a lot of blues sounds like jazz and jazz like rock like blues and eventually it gets rediculous and a waste of time.
well, genres are quite important for classifying basic obvious differences between genres (and subgenres withing these divisions) and on the internet, if nothing more than for trafficking purposes
but yes, in some stand out bands it becomes little more than a formality (Agalloch being called dark doom post-black neofolk or what ever the **** the label came up with)
hmm... i agree, they would be pretty hard to categorize...

rock-ish, with metal and rap influence, i guess.
Quote by ulique
faith no more are a metal band, yes.
You have the mental capacity of a dildo.

This thread has been REPORTED. That means that you don't post in it, especially if you're going to try to convince us that Faith No More is metal.

Though, you listen to the Jonas Brothers, so I guess I can see how you'd think anything with harsh vocals would be metal.
What? FNM are pretty cool, but they're more experimental (or to maybe an extent, avant-garde) funk rock than metal. (There's really nothing about fnm that rings out "metal" to me :S)
Quote by misanthropy_inc

This thread has been REPORTED. That means that you don't post in it, especially if you're going to try to convince us that Faith No More is metal.

Though, you listen to the Jonas Brothers, so I guess I can see how you'd think anything with harsh vocals would be metal.

I don liek metl becuz teh growelz hurts my earz olololz
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by misanthropy_inc

err, shut up.

faith no more have plenty of clean vocals, anyway.

you are so pathetic that you must bring up one band from my list every time to prove your point, when you are just a silly elitist that is the one that believes it must be ultra tech or brutal to be true metal.

faith no more are a metal band, they have all of the characteristics of one, plus more. they step outside of the box, they add bit of funk influence, lounge, punk...etc.

this makes them an eccentric metal band, but a metal band none the less.

just cos mike cut his hair after the first record doesn't mean they're not metal