So here's the deal:

I have an audition coming up for a music school. I have to play a piece, but it can't have a backing track. Obviously, I'm looking for something that sounds good by itself. However, I need some recommendations for impressive pieces. No metal please
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
Canon Rock!! jk, that would be cool and impressive though. Maybe something simple, but sounds kind of cool like Jessica by Allman Brothers.
Quote by Knurlheim
cliffs of dover - eric johnson

win
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by The Fret-Dancer
Canon Rock!! jk, that would be cool and impressive though. Maybe something simple, but sounds kind of cool like Jessica by Allman Brothers.

No.

Cliffs of Dover might be passable, but you'd have to have rock solid rhythm to play it.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

well without knowing your style its hard to make a recommendation, but as far as selection goes, it really doesnt matter, as long as the peice is fairly difficult, they will be able to see your technique. I played an audition at a college because i was there and i could, my sophomore year of high school. played babe im gonna leave you (led zeppelin) and air and the g string (JS Bach) niether of which arrangements were difficult, and they accepted me. I geuss my point is that they are looking at how you play and what you can become, not what you play.
Midnight - Joe Satriani.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?