well maybe this isn't the best place to ask since this is a guitar website but then again, this is the pit and one of the most active forums i know anyways, its my first time cooking chicken breast and since they were in my freezer, they're rock solid. i took them out of the freezer but i was just wondering when is the appropriate time to know when to cook them?? or is there a faster way to defrosting them?? any answers will be highly appreciated. THANX!!
Equipments:
Fender American Telecaster N7
Yamaha CG150
Line 6 Tonecore Echopark
Behringer VAMP 2.0

"There's only two colors around the world. That's pink and green. Making love and making money." - Blacks20
I am normally lazy and put them on really low heat until they dethaw. If you want to do it the right way wait until it is soft all the way through.

(if you are grilling them you better make sure they thaw all the way out before you cook them)
Last edited by PureRockNRoll at Oct 28, 2008,
i cook chicken breasts all the time..for defrosting one i put it in for 3 minutes on 30% power..tak it out, flip it over, and go again...there may be a quicker way but i know that one works for me so i do it
running some warm water over them makes them thaw out pretty well
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
When I first clicked this thread I thought it said "cooking children"

Ne me quitte pas mon chere.
dude, i just break em apart, put them in a tin plate, drip some water on top of each, and sprinkle with seasong of choice (do this fast, since the water will freeze, thus holding the seasoning on.) crank up the ole BBQ, cook in the tin plate covered with tin foil for about 20 mintues, then take them out and put them directly on the grill for 5 minutes to make em a lil crispy on the outside, and to give them those bi-u-ti-fil grill lines..then eat
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
Quote by jemjabella42
When I first clicked this thread I thought it said "cooking children"

me too, I was like "oh here we go, I have to click this just to see though...."

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Quote by ascendancy2
im really surprised nobody said anything about raping the chicken

I was just about to say that myself
Quote by ascendancy2
im really surprised nobody said anything about raping the chicken

There is no chicken to rape. It is only a chicken breast.
Quote by PureRockNRoll
There is no chicken to rape. It is only a chicken breast.

That wouldnt stop em saying it anyway :P
I seem to recall a thread about this a while ago. I said it then, I'll say it now, cook the chicken at 450 degrees Celsius.

My advice: Don't put it in the microwave; even though it can be thawed fast, I don't trust the micro waves going into my food.
Quote by st.stephen
I seem to recall a thread about this a while ago. I said it then, I'll say it now, cook the chicken at 450 degrees Celsius.

My advice: Don't put it in the microwave; even though it can be thawed fast, I don't trust the micro waves going into my food.

You mean disenergrate the chicken. I think he wants something left to eat.