my question is why does there seem no time between striking power chords in songs? when i do it. they seem to resonate for too long. like Christmas Canon Rock. It may be that im just not fast enough yet, but is there something else?
E||------------||
B||------------||
G||------------||
D||------------||
A||--5----9----||
E||--3----7----||

You talking about something like that? Just move your fingers...and yeah like the others said, im just trying to make sense out of your post
when you strike a power chord on distortion, at the time that you release to make the next chord there is the sound of you letting off of the power chord. the thing is why can't i hear it on other songs?
hmm... if i understood correctly...
they can simply do it faster than you can.. youll be able to do it with practice dont worry..
what are you saying? play the chord and when the time comes play the other. I hope that helps

edit for your new post: you are not really meant to have your fingers leave the strings, if you did that you'd be playing a pull off. do your chord and then go straight to the next one without leaving the string, almost sliding but not quite.
Quote by Xaxu
when you strike a power chord on distortion, at the time that you release to make the next chord there is the sound of you letting off of the power chord. the thing is why can't i hear it on other songs?

if when you're lifting your fingers you do it really dramatically or something, don't. just kinda take them off while still keeping your fingers on the strings to mute them