I'm getting ready to wire my strat with a Fender Midboost kit. Everything looks straight forward:

http://www.has-sound.com/wiring_diagrams/Mid_Boost_Kit.jpg

Everything, except the two resistors (I think that's what they are) on the double stacked TBX pot (middle pot). One is .022K, the other is 82K. Visually, I know the difference between the two...

My question is, where exactly do each of these attach? I see they both go to a left claw...let me describe what I think they go to:

(The perspective of this is if the pickguard is lying top down, back of pickups pointing straight up to the sky)

The 0.022K goes from the bottom of the TBX pot (or in this perspective, top of the pot pointing to the sky) to the top left claw (highest up from the pickguard (2nd level pot)).

The 82K goes from the side of the bottom TBX pot (against the pickguard) to the left claw of the bottom TBX pot.

Does that make sense? Am I thinking correctly?
that drawing sucks ass.

this will make it easier to see. there's a "diagonal" jumper you didn't mention.

open this pdf and increase the scale to 400% or 600%.

it will become obvious what's going on.

http://www.fender.com/support/diagrams/pdf_temp1/stratocaster/0117602A/SD0117602APg2.pdf
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Thank you!

The resistors make perfect sense now (82K goes to top middle claw, not bottom left).

You mention that I missed a diagonal jumper. Where is that? Does the 82K resistor go from the bottom left claw to the top middle claw with a jumper?

Also, my strat doesn't have a ground lug (shown as #20 in the diagram that you provided). I have been running all ground to my tremolo claw, but if you recommend installing a ground lug, then I'm sure that I could find something (I might just make something out of copper) and fix it to the body for soldering.
Quote by Bravo86
Thank you!

The resistors make perfect sense now (82K goes to top middle claw, not bottom left).

You mention that I missed a diagonal jumper. Where is that? Does the 82K resistor go from the bottom left claw to the top middle claw with a jumper?

Also, my strat doesn't have a ground lug (shown as #20 in the diagram that you provided). I have been running all ground to my tremolo claw, but if you recommend installing a ground lug, then I'm sure that I could find something (I might just make something out of copper) and fix it to the body for soldering.
yes, bottom left to top middle.

i don't think you necessarily need a ground lug.
just make sure the trem, backs of the pots, etc are connected together with wires.
whatever way is most convenient.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
bottom-left to top-middle. you didn't mention that in your first post.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
One last question to confirm (sorry for the questions):

The bottom left claw to top middle claw connection is made with standard wire, while an 82K resistor goes from the side of the pot closest to the pickguard to the top middle claw. This means that the top middle claw has a wiring attached to it, as well as a resistor end.

Am I thinking right?
Thanks, that diagram is clearer.

I'm still slightly confused about the TBX pot. Here is a drawing showing the connections that I'm not exactly sure about:

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo58/ndutil/1-3.jpg

In this diagram, it shows the 82K Ohms resistor attached to the very base of the TBX pot, and then going to the bottom middle claw. Other drawings show it attached to the side of the portion closer to the actual knob. Does it matter which portion of the pot you attach that side of the resistor to?
Nope. Different drawings show it differently depending on how they draw the pot itself. They then have to draw the lines depicting the wires, and it's best if none of them cross close by individual components, so they will show the connection to the grounded part of the pot at the most convenient location in order to make the diagram clear.

If you notice, in the diagram I linked to, the volume pot shows the right hand lug connected to the body of the pot, which is grounded. It shows it on the side of the pot, but anyone putting this together would just ground it on the biggest surface of the pot (on the back).
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel
Koch Studiotone XL
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25+
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
So, I guess my question still is, what exactly do I do with that 82K Ohm resistor? The drawings contradict themselves.
Quote by Bravo86
So, I guess my question still is, what exactly do I do with that 82K Ohm resistor? The drawings contradict themselves.
no, they don't.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
no, they don't.

In other words, it doesn't matter what part of the TBX pot you attach the ends of the resistors...right?
a wire is a wire. it doesn't matter which end of the wire you connect to, the connection goes to both ends and all the way through the middle.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
By Jove, I think he's got it!

Yes, either will work. The 2 sections of the pot housing you indicate are not insulated from each other. In fact, I would be inclined to use the back of the pot, as heating it once for all the grounds in that spot is probably better than heating it 2 or more times in different spots.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel
Koch Studiotone XL
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25+
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Great

Yeah, I think I will make all "non-claw" connections to the very back of the pot in one spot. That should make a better connection.
hmm this topic has made me a bit confused. so for the 82k resistor on the TBX pot, you run the one end of the resistor from the back of the pot to the bottom left of the TBX pot, and then run a small wire from that bottom left connect to the middle connection correct? also i was wondering would you be able to use that same lead that comes from the resistor to the bottom left connection, and use it that same lead but bend it up to use on the middle connection? or do you need just a small wire to do that little jump?
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
bump for clarification/help lol
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
it has been a long time since anyone posted on here, i just put in the mid boost kit, but im confused about the connection to the 5 way switch, fender sent me two schematics, and here i find a different one, i used the one here for the circuit and the fender one for the 5 way, with the jumper from point 4-5, and from the tone pot to the jack and to the 5way, that is confusing me, many places i see that only the tbx connects to the 5 way switch, is this correct?