Im doing a report and i have to find the difference between american death metal (cannibal corpse, death, possesed) and swedish deathmetal (at the gates, the haunted, in flames) can anyone help to serparate these two genres?
Quote by drunkinkoala
It's weird, kids want to be adults and adults want to be kids.

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
You know you're a guitar player when you would rather use the internet to look at pictures of guitars than spread eagled chicks.
there's a huge Swedish death metal scene...which includes none of those bands. they're melodic death at best, and...melodic death at worst. but, still, you need to do stuff like Entombed, Carnage, Dismember and Nihilist (early Entombed, but better)
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
the swedish death metal you're referring to is more specific to the Gothenburg area, known for its melodic death metal scene (obviously, death metal that is more melodic in the positive connotation that has become attached to the word)
which differs from its american origins, which evolved pretty much directly from thrash metal, making it rawer and less "melodic" than their swedish counterparts
edit: misanthropy; i've seen you report so many threads and double posts and whatnot; are you like...
UG's hall monitor or something?
thank you for your hlep but can you explain it more to me please? and to the second post, youre an asshole.
Quote by drunkinkoala

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
You know you're a guitar player when you would rather use the internet to look at pictures of guitars than spread eagled chicks.
Quote by The Evil Hat
there's a huge Swedish death metal scene...which includes none of those bands. they're melodic death at best, and...melodic death at worst. but, still, you need to do stuff like Entombed, Carnage, Dismember and Nihilist (early Entombed, but better)

**** YEAH!!!!!!!! Nihilist perfectly represent what Swedish DM should have been like, unfortunately no others came close.

EDIT:
Quote by dminishedthingy
misanthropy; i've seen you report so many threads and double posts and whatnot; are you like...
UG's hall monitor or something?

I should hope not, UG shouldn't allow Table-ist-Nazi-Pirates to be Hall monitors.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by saulhudsonslash
thank you for your hlep but can you explain it more to me please? and to the second post, youre an asshole.
Damn straight he is.

Second post dude, you should be ashamed of yourself.
Quote by saulhudsonslash

...i'm being an asshole? you said a few bands that you claimed represented Swedish death metal, i said that they didnt' and gave you some better examples. how is that being an asshole? if you wanted to do it on melodeath, you should've specified that.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by The Evil Hat
...i'm being an asshole? you said a few bands that you claimed represented Swedish death metal, i said that they didnt' and gave you some better examples. how is that being an asshole? if you wanted to do it on melodeath, you should've specified that.

Ohh man...I would love to just sit back and watch...but my conscience won't let me.

He was referring to some ****tard called misanthropy_inc, I think.
Quote by saulhudsonslash

just wikipedia "melodic death metal" for more information on the bands you listed and how they differ from other death metal bands (of course there are exceptions; some great traditional death metal comes from Sweden, and there are of course melodic death bands from other places, but its origins are in Sweden (and England with Carcass)
Swedish black metal= Burnt Churches
American death metal= No burnt carbs
I play a guitar strung with Yngwie's chest hair
Quote by misanthropy_inc

Ohh man...I would love to just sit back and watch...but my conscience won't let me.

He was referring to some ****tard called misanthropy_inc, I think.

Pssh yeah, I hate that douche...

EDIT:
Quote by BHC zoley
Swedish black metal= Burnt Churches
American death metal= No burnt carbs

Actually that's Norwegian Black Metal (mostly) and he's doing his strictly on Death Metal.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
oh. oops. carry on, then.

EDIT: BHC's an idiot
Seriously though, what the **** was your first post about?
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
I said swedisgh DEATH metal not BLACK metal.
Quote by drunkinkoala

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
Quote by The Evil Hat

You forgot Unleashed, Grave, Merciless, and Necrophobic.

FOR SHAME!

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Quote by bootyguard
You forgot Unleashed, Grave, Merciless, and Necrophobic.

FOR SHAME!

**** yeah! Finally some Necrophobic appreciation round here!
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!