I have a 5 foot monster cable that i've been using for about a year now. It doesn't really work now. Which one of these would you suggest? I'd assume the more expensive one, but why? My friend has one like that, but the end came out. He's also really stupid and doesn't take care of his stuff...

I'm looking to get a 21 foot one:

less expensive one: http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_S100I%20Monster%20Standard%20100%20Instrument%20Cable%20Assorted%20Lengths_-1_10052_10002_184609_cmCategorySA182944

more expensive one: http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_M%20ROCK%20Monster%20Rock%20Instrument%20Cable%20Assorted%20Lengths_-1_10052_10002_184591_cmCategorySA182944
There be no shelter here.
out of those, i would get the 2nd one. But a company i would recommend would be Mogami, they can cost an arm and a leg, but they sure are worth it.
The gold connectors supposedly have less resistance than the standard one, which would theoretically make it sound better. I've used both kinds of monsters, although I've never a-b'd them, and can't really tell a difference. But I guess that doesn't mean there isn't one.
go exchange it. monster have a lifetime warrenty if im not mistaken. which means you can just take it to the store and they should give you a new one. ive never personally tried it, but i have heard of people doing it.

out of those id probably get the cheaper one, but if i gigged often i would go for the more expensive one.
^Jof speaks the truth, I know for a fact GC will get you a new one no questions asked.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by jof1029
go exchange it. monster have a lifetime warrenty if im not mistaken. which means you can just take it to the store and they should give you a new one. ive never personally tried it, but i have heard of people doing it.

out of those id probably get the cheaper one, but if i gigged often i would go for the more expensive one.

I sorta agree with buying the more expensive one ONLY because you might end up with a cable that will fail after a longer period of time than the cheaper one. Like all things Monster cable puts out though the life time warranty just means you get a brand new one so a small investment becomes huge.

For anyone looking for a little catch in the warranty however: NEVER mention that you are using the cable to make money. The warranty is void if you're a performing musician.

Quote by DerekC99
The gold connectors supposedly have less resistance than the standard one, which would theoretically make it sound better. I've used both kinds of monsters, although I've never a-b'd them, and can't really tell a difference. But I guess that doesn't mean there isn't one.

To this all I say is: Think of how rough a live performance is... no one will notice the difference.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
^Not to mention the gold wears off anyways, I have one, not worth the money.
Quote by Kevin Saale
^Not to mention the gold wears off anyways, I have one, not worth the money.

I always thought that was silly. Gold plated versus solid gold is just like painting a turd and putting perfume on it. That doesn't make it any nicer of a turd!
Quote by sargasm
^Um, solid gold would be about as mushy as cheese, you have either use a very hard alloy of gold or plate. Neither is really necessary IMO
Well yeah, but you aren't getting my point. I'm saying unless it's solid gold then you still have to move the signal through a core that would negatively effect the signal. So why pay extra for gold? Feel better I suppose...
Quote by sargasm
^Because gold doesn't corrode and it's more conductive than nickel. I understand where you're coming from, but that's not to say there isn't some kind of scientifically measurable improvement.
Quote by Kevin Saale
^Because gold doesn't corrode and it's more conductive than nickel. I understand where you're coming from, but that's not to say there isn't some kind of scientifically measurable improvement.

I agree there. But fractions of change are just not worth almost twice the cost in some cases.
Quote by sargasm