Which is a more reliable soure to buy things from?
Which is better for ordering online?
ive had great experiences with both, i know for the longest time guitar center used musicians friend as their website.
Gear:
Ibanez PC5
Ibanez RG120
Peavey Vypry 15w
both are hughe corporationw with good reputations in terms of not dicking you over.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
They're both essentially the same thing. GC owns MF. Literally, not in net lingo.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
i always use gc but for no particular reason
My pedalboard is worth more than my car, but that doesn't say much for either.
They're exactly the same company. I've bought stuff from gc.com and had musiciansfriend catalogs thrown in.
Never tried musicians friend. But I had a 3 month warranty on my line 6 spider and about 8 months later I wanted to turn it in for a tube amp and they still accepted it with no extra charge. Everything that I've bought from there I've been happy with.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
I'd go MF only because I ordered a slide form GC and didn't get it for 4 months. Just an isolated incident, but between them and MF, that's 1-0.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
haha its the same company. visit the musicians friend warehouse around kansas city if you ever get the chance. you can get some absolutely insane deals.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
Quote by carr4600
If its the same company why is MF cheaper?

Make you feel like your getting a deal.

Same way walmart raises prices and then "lowers" them and calls it a sale.
I ordered a cab from MF once and they sent me two. They never got back to me on it, only billed me for one, and they never had a damn clue. I made an extra $500 that week when I sold one of the cabs.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Music123.

Quote by guitarded8one
MF.....They sent me two ESP's when I ordered one.

Quote by Edwardthegreat5
I ordered a cab from MF once and they sent me two.

Note to self: By expensive shit from MF.
You're*
MF just because i like the feel of it, although i havent bought anything from either
I'm Steve
I also make extensive use of MF's wish list, which is stupid because all four of them have one.
You're*
definately musiciansfriend. everyone says its shit and they cant do anything right (obviously nobody says it here). I just hate guitar center online or in the store. crappy service, guitars that are played every day, blah.
I use Mf a lot and always been pretty satisfied with it, oh yeah and I bought some Jeff beck noiseless pups and through a mess up only had to pay 15 bucks for them.
Quote by mercedesisbenz
haha its the same company. visit the musicians friend warehouse around kansas city if you ever get the chance. you can get some absolutely insane deals.

Dude! Seriously! I went there last time I visited family! The only problem is half the acoustics had headstocks snapped off or missing electronics on the acoustic/electrics. Next time I see family though I plan on thouroughly searching the store for a diamond in the rough. Do you know if they have any amps there? I didn't check when I walked through last time.

In relevance to the thread, I've had limited, but good, experiences with both. GC shipped my acoustic last Christmas and it showed up absoluely perfect. I ordered some other random stuff from the friend. I was really happy with them too. MF tends to have more deals and such though, just from what I've seen.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I love MF. I got my first guitar pack off there, and when I killed it, they took it back and gave me a refund... 3 years ago
Quote by StratoTele
The punji sticks only work if you use your own feces. Most brand names aren't reliable.

All I gotta do is put on a cool face...
I've ordered off MF twice. In general, I'm satisfied with them. Although once I bought a GHS guitar maintenance pack and they forgot to include the fret cleaner, which was annoying. I didn't want to go through the hassle of sending it back and all (I live in Canada), so I let it go.
Quote by Natrone
Dude! Seriously! I went there last time I visited family! The only problem is half the acoustics had headstocks snapped off or missing electronics on the acoustic/electrics. Next time I see family though I plan on thouroughly searching the store for a diamond in the rough. Do you know if they have any amps there? I didn't check when I walked through last time.

In relevance to the thread, I've had limited, but good, experiences with both. GC shipped my acoustic last Christmas and it showed up absoluely perfect. I ordered some other random stuff from the friend. I was really happy with them too. MF tends to have more deals and such though, just from what I've seen.

yeah they have tons of amps there, but you have to make sure nothing is wrong with it before you buy it. a lot of the things in their warehouse are the blemished items they put on their website which is why they're able to make it so cheap if you go to the warehouse. It isn't really a place I'd go to spend a ton of money, but if I were looking for anything mid-range I'd definitely check it out.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
I would NEVER buy a guitar online.

Anyone who buys a guitar without playing it first is seriously pressing their luck.
Quote by carr4600
If its the same company why is MF cheaper?

They are the same price when I look at items...

Quote by al112987

Anyone who buys a guitar without playing it first is seriously pressing their luck.

Uh
you can go to the store and try it
then order it online so you are assured a brand new one
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by al112987

that and Musician's friend has that satisfaction guarantee thing last time I checked (a while back though)
Quote by StratoTele
The punji sticks only work if you use your own feces. Most brand names aren't reliable.

All I gotta do is put on a cool face...
Quote by lordofthefood1
They are the same price when I look at items...

Uh
you can go to the store and try it
then order it online so you are assured a brand new one

No, you don't get it, you always need to try the exact guitar you're buying. I went through 3 different Gibson les pauls of the exact same model before I found one that was worth buying. All three were brand new models, and all three were the same model and same spec, but the first two were not up to par with the third I played, they had things like construction flaws, poor playability, and poor acoustic tone. As far as I'm concerned if an electric guitar does not sound good unplugged, it is not up to par build wise. And you cannot determine that by ordering online a guitar you've never touched before. I would never spend over $1000 on a guitar that I never played personally.
Last edited by al112987 at Oct 29, 2008,
GC... Whenever I ordered off of GC, I get the stuff in a few days... Well, here I am, waiting for my picks and strings to get here since last Friday from MF. I'd figure 7 or so days(5 business) would be enough, but NO! DAmnit, I was really hoping for them today *sniffles* 2-5 days my ass. If they're not here Tuesday I'm gonna try and get that 20% off thing.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
At least MF online have dimarzios in different colors, and they're on sale right now so...
Quote by guitarded8one
MF.....They sent me two ESP's when I ordered one.

I love them.
Not literally.
But I would rape him.
Or her.

My dad ordered a martin acoutstic and some other strings ,ect. They mailed two on accident so he sent one back and essentially got a free 1,000 dollar guitar.