Alright, after playing for 3 months, i have achieved only a few things. I have learned power chords, learned the few open major, minor, and some 7th notes. I have learned the solo to Californiacation and smells liek teen spirit. And decided to take a break from practicing and just attempt to learn a full song all the way, rather then learning riffs. But here is my problem. Everyime i get to the song that i might like to listen to, the reason i liked it was cuz of the vocals, when i play it however, it sounds like crap, and i just give up and just feel like throwing my guitar down for good.
However i don't want to do that. So maybe u can recommend me a good song to learn *FULLY for a 3 month with those skills i listed (i am horrible at chords BTW, i learned them when playing my acoustic (which broke) and now have an electric, and htey sound like crap with effects. I do know the pentatonic scale as well.
your timing probably sucks, use a metronome when you're learning a song, and play along to songs as well.

learn santeria.
Try something by AC/DC? Not sure what music you're into but they use the pentatonic heaps for their solos etc. and they have pretty straight forward rhythm sections - open chords and power chords. If not maybe try the beginner song program (stickied) and find something you think you'd like to play
+1

AC/DC songs are realtively straightforward, great for developing your sense of rhythm and sound good.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
try AC/DC like they said, they are pretty easy and have a mixture of chords and picking.
back in black maybe?

and keep it up, the bad sounds might be coming from the amp or it might be coming from you, when learning songs i usually learn without the amp, the amp just distracts me from learning it and getting the speed right, but i use it once i know how to play the song relatively well.

use a metronome, i dont use it though i should, try searching google
"metronome online" for a good one.
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.