Poll: Which do you think is more versatile?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which do you think is more versatile?
Electric Guitar
29 81%
Bass
3 8%
Equally versatile
4 11%
Voters: 36.
wat?

It would help if you actually posted a question with options.
Unless you recently had a full frontal lobotomy I don't see why you would think the question Which is more versatile? is answerable without a subject.
id say electric guitar cuz you have more of a range, but there both great instruments
Bass.

Since you didn't specify electric bass you include double bass, which is used in bluegrass, acoustic jazz, orchestras, and concert bands. All places the electric guitar is not welcome.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
...Electric Guitar. You can basically play anything on bass on an electric guitar only a few octaves up. Bluegrass, acoustic jazz, and orchestras as well as concert bands accept electric guitar. Semi-Hollow body guitars? Even then you could probably take a fender strat put it on an amp and play some really bluesy stuff.
Quote by Doodleface
Bass.

Since you didn't specify electric bass you include double bass, which is used in bluegrass, acoustic jazz, orchestras, and concert bands. All places the electric guitar is not welcome.

why does not being allowed in certain groups make the instrument any less versatile?
If you're talking about the complexity at which one person can play any given instrument, then guitar obviously. Simple fact of the matter is there are two more strings on a typical guitar on a typical bass, so there's more options.

If you're talking about use in music as a whole, and application to genre, bass is used more widely.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
If you're talking about the complexity at which one person can play any given instrument, then guitar obviously. Simple fact of the matter is there are two more strings on a typical guitar on a typical bass, so there's more options.

Unless you're John Myung, but that's a whole different story.
This a pointless thread. It's like asking what's best, apples or oranges
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
Quote by Brian_C
This a pointless thread. It's like asking what's best, apples or oranges

Apples.
You make a lot of dumb thread you know that?
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)