Does anyone know what amp and effects Alex Skolnick used when he was with Testament? I can't seem to find anything on his or Eric Peterson's rigs on the internet other than the stuff they either use now or the rig Alex used when he plays in the AST.
Epiphone Les Paul through a Peavey Bandit 112 w/ Boss Metal Zone
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
I know a guy who knows Alex professionally. I'll see what I find out when I see the guy tomorrow. No guarantees, but I'll ask.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by SCopeland24
lol I don't think so.

Yeah it's not a Bandit, they used Marshall MG stacks.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by Ibzman
Epiphone Les Paul through a Peavey Bandit 112 w/ Boss Metal Zone

Funnily enough, that's my home practice setup currently (apart form the Metal Zone, I actually have taste). High-end Epihone is good, and Bandit is good, so that joke isn't that funny.

A BC Rich into a Line 6 Spider however.

Seriously, I have no idea what he runs, but it's a pretty stock standard thrash tone, a Mesa/6505 with a metallish guitar should do it fine.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I believe he use heritage guitars, no idea about the amps and effects though.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
I saw them about a month ago. Alex was using some of the newer looking Marshall amps, they were probably JVMs or something like that. Eric was using Dual Rectifiers. Alex probably used a JCM800 back in the day though, that's what a lot of the older thrash bands would have used then.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
Quote by grobbo91
I saw them about a month ago. Alex was using some of the newer looking Marshall amps, they were probably JVMs or something like that. Eric was using Dual Rectifiers. Alex probably used a JCM800 back in the day though, that's what a lot of the older thrash bands would have used then.

I just saw my friend who knows the guys from Testament (knows them professionally, doesn't hang out w/ them & stuff). Good call on the Marshall. He said he's 90% certain that Alex used JCM 900s actually w/ a slight bit of delay, & Ibanez guitars. Said he's using Marshall MD4s (I've never heard this designation) & 5150 IIIs these days, & some LP type guitars. Hope this helps.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

i was gonna ask the same thing actually haha

he used to use ibanez guitars (S and RG series) but now he favours gibson les pauls
as for amps, i hear he used an ada-mp1 preamp (like paul gilbert) back in the 80s, but i don't know

i'm pretty sure eric peterson uses a dean with active emgs and a mesa rectifier these days...
Top lel.
For the Formation of Damnation Alex used a Marshall DSL 2000 with a Keeley modded tube screamer. Live he uses a Marshall Mode 4 (he said it cuts better for soloing).

Petersen used a 5150 III head and cab.

The whole interview about their gear is in the latest Guitar Player edition.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
For the Formation of Damnation Alex used a Marshall DSL 2000 with a Keeley modded tube screamer. Live he uses a Marshall Mode 4 (he said it cuts better for soloing).

Petersen used a 5150 III head and cab.

The whole interview about their gear is in the latest Guitar Player edition.

Crap,that was it. Mode 4. I wrote MD4, not correct. Sorry. Thanks for the right info.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard

Skolnick plays Gibson Les Pauls and a Heritage Les Paul model. He started playing Heritage during the AST era 'cause he didn't feel like taking his 3k jazz box with him in the underground every day. When he started playing with Testament again Heritage offered to build a guitar for him.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
wasnt this on the back of a guitar world some time ago? I'll go see if i have it

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
in the latest GP with Santana, Skolnick used one of his Les Pauls into a Marshall DSL head with a tubescreamer in front, then into Mode Four cabs.