I have my eye on an ISP Decimator pedal.

1) If I'm a few feet away from my amp and have my back to it, then my amp will let out a deep bassy hum, kinda like a low fog horn but not extremely loud... enough to be annoying.

Would the Decimator help me get rid of this?

2) If I'm close(r) and facing the amp the feed back turns into a nice scream and sometimes it's pleasant.... but like all things moderation is what makes it sweet.

Would the Decimator clean up the screech where I don't want it?

Thanks gents.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Yeah a Decimator should clean that up adequately. When you stand close to any amp though, you get the feedback coming through, haven't you seen many guitarists walk right to their amps at shows and use the feedback creatively? Still, an ISP Decimator will be fine in getting rid of the hum. Given you will lose a bit of tone, but the ISP is the best.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
Yeah a Decimator should clean that up adequately. When you stand close to any amp though, you get the feedback coming through, haven't you seen many guitarists walk right to their amps at shows and use the feedback creatively? Still, an ISP Decimator will be fine in getting rid of the hum. Given you will lose a bit of tone, but the ISP is the best.

Yeah definitely, but like I said in moderation it's great. Thanks for clearing it up fellas. I was hoping the Decimator would be the answer to my situation.
Quote by sargasm
Before you go buy a pedal...

Jus be aware that it could the room where you put your amp that's causin the problem. Does that room have flourescent lights? Does it have any large glass surfaces? (Like a large cabinet with glass doors?) Is there any large furniture (like a couch or loveseat) within 5-10 feet of your amp? Adjustin where in the room ya put your amp or puttin your amp in a different room (or even, God ****in forbid, turnin the amp down) could solve any feedback problems. So, before you spend $$$, figure out if ya can solve the problem for FREE.
Well long ago I did the concrete floor/garage mix, which produced less than lovely results. The amp for awhile was in a carpeted room, with no glass or florescent bulbs, however, a couch was near by but not possible to be moved.

I figure it's a bit easier to have the pedal for the ability to adjust without rearranging peoples furniture.

If anyone is curious (why would you be? lol.) the amp is no longer in the carpeted room, my drummer has since gone the way of flake and I took my amp back to my house so I could start playing again.
Quote by sargasm