I really don't know what genre of rock these guy's are, but they are my all time fav.
WPOD is a fantastic song. There rest of that cd is not near as good, but they were very talented musicians.
Aren't the Tubes that weird band from San Francisco that talked about being hella rich and preppy? (Like as a joke towards all the punks)

Or am I thinking of something else?
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
No you're right. The song was White Punks on Dope, which was a song about the rich white punks kids of California. It's a good song, but I liked "What do you want from me", "Sushi Girl" and "Wild Women of Wongo" as well.

In their prime, the Tubes had a pretty wild live performance act, esp when lead singer Fee Waybill was in his full Quay Lewd persona. They still tour but the acts a bit toned down these days.
Quote by anarkee
No you're right. The song was White Punks on Dope, which was a song about the rich white punks kids of California. It's a good song, but I liked "What do you want from me", "Sushi Girl" and "Wild Women of Wongo" as well.

In their prime, the Tubes had a pretty wild live performance act, esp when lead singer Fee Waybill was in his full Quay Lewd persona. They still tour but the acts a bit toned down these days.

Yeah, weren't they hella into Art and Theatrics and the such?

Cuz those types of bands usually throw on a helluva show.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
There is a great article on this website about Roger Steen, the lead guitar player of the tubes. He says there are probably some good solid state amps out there but he still prefers marshal tube amps. I'd love to play thru one I never have.

Yes the tubes had/have a great show. But the funny thing is, like all bands, I like them for their music. I really don't care about the shows that much. I guess it is because I grew up during the 70's in a small town before mtv etc. I only new what a band looked like from their album covers. Couldn't afford driving 100 miles to a concert. Some albums had no picture at all! The first time I heard the tubes it was "Slipped my disco" (great tune!) and I thought they were black artists.