Hello all. Can someone recommend me to a single locking tremolo to fit my Jackson SDK2? I never use the trem and have it blocked and would like to fit a bridge that where I can keep the ball ends. I remember having one like this on a 90's Yamaha Pacifica Custom long ago (which actually worked pretty well as a floating trem as well) and string changes were soooo much easier. I really hate having to trim the ball end off and locking down at the bridge when I'm not using it floating. Thanks.
Just string it the other way round - you always snip the excess off at the tuners, right?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Just string it the other way round - you always snip the excess off at the tuners, right?

Ha ha, you're right. Still, I think that locking at the bridge may kill a little bit of tone.
Quote by bfloyd6969
Ha ha, you're right. Still, I think that locking at the bridge may kill a little bit of tone.

getting a whole new tremolo unit will change the tone as well
Quote by sethp
getting a whole new tremolo unit will change the tone as well

Sure it will, but I would still like to know if they are making single locking trem units to replace this. Just by using the strings backwards will still need locking at the bridge whereas if the trem is non-locking then I could string it like a non-trem guitar and leave the nut unclamped as well.
Quote by sesstreets
What, you only play first position open chords?

wat?
No, seriously, what are you talking about?
Anyway, I can't think of any.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
meh I've heard it's dodgy
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
meh I've heard it's dodgy

Don't forget, chances are it will be blocked anyways. I'm really just trying to avoid having to cut the ball ends.