Can i please get some tips for sweeping? it would be really nice i wanna learn it cause its quite usefull.
Learn major/minor 3 string shapes, start of slow with a metronome and build up speed once you've got it clean, then learn 5 string shapes once youve mastered 3 string sweeps! Try experimenting with different pick gauges, as you might find thick picks are more difficult than thin picks and vice versa.
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
USA Jackson KV2 Sunburst
Jackson KE7
BC Rich NJ Classic Mockingbird

Marshall JVM410H
Marshall 1960A

Korg Pitchblack
MXR Super Comp
Dunlop Slash Wah
ISP Decimator
Get a good, solid broom. The sweeping motion wants to be from the shoulders not the elbows, and you definitely want to invest in a good quality dust-pan.
Check the sweeping thread in the Advanced Techniques forum, you should find all the help you need in there.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Start out EXTREMELY slow. So you're just slowly dragging the pick downwards while fretting the right notes. Once you have the technique down you'll be able to speed it up.

And yeah, start with 3 string sweeps, then build up.
Learn the Beast and the Harlot chorus.
Sweep it.
Its mostly all down sweeps.
It will be good for getting your two hands to work together.
I'd say start with the minor bar chord shape, i find it to be the easiest of all six string sweeps, and I also find 3 string sweeps to be totally different than six strings (could just be me though).
Quote by philbertfwog
Get a good, solid broom. The sweeping motion wants to be from the shoulders not the elbows, and you definitely want to invest in a good quality dust-pan.

if this were in the pit i would be laughing out loud...
but its not soo...

:@
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.