Electric guitar, Ive been playing acoustic for about 4 months so I know all the basic stuff

But I was faced with the problem of all the knobs on the amplifier, and not really knowing what they dooo

I have a Carlsbro Sherwood 65, and the knobs on it are labelled "Gain", "Bass", "Parametric" (there are two of those) and "Treble"

There are also two little buttons labelled "Phase/Invert" and "REV"

Can someone explain what all these things mean please?
or link me to somewhere that has the answers?

thanks in advance..

(if this is in the wrong place it can be moved)
the gain is the amount of distortion, bass the amount of bass, and treble the amount of treble, fiddle with them till you get a good sounds. Ie you dont want too much bass or treble, I would put the trebs at 3oclock and the bass at 12.

Im not sure what the others do
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
The "Phase Invert" button is for incase you have wired things in incorrectly.

if someone could just tell me about parametrics that would be great (:

ty for the help turtle
The parametric control will be a fancy name for "middle" - it'll control the midrange frequencies. One will change the frequency range being adjusted, the other will cut or boost that frequency.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
The parametric control will be a fancy name for "middle" - it'll control the midrange frequencies. One will change the frequency range being adjusted, the other will cut or boost that frequency.

Thanks a lot =D!

Now, the world is my oyster..