great, you did your own thing and it sounded great! would like to hear it on a electric with a nice clean sound! do the whole song sometime?

crit my band?
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=987913
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by Ferrarone
great, you did your own thing and it sounded great! would like to hear it on a electric with a nice clean sound! do the whole song sometime?

crit my band?
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=987913

Thanks mate! Yeah, I'll prolly do a proper cover with electric and all at some point =D

Honest take on the tracks in your profile: I thought the acoustic pieces were for the most part great! As for the "instrumental improv" which was with a whole band and which was the one you probably wanted me to crit, the backing guitar, drums etc all did a very solid job and sounded great. The improv as a whole was ok but seemed to be a bit off with timing at times and also you hit "wrong" off-the-scale/key notes a few times... BUT there were some great moments especially around the 2:20 mark and you seemed to play with feeling and passion which is most important (in my opinion, since that means potential and talent- technique, timing and all that can always be improved but not so much for playing with soul)

Now I'm not that great of a player myself but my advice is to listen carefully to the song and the rhythm while you improvise and play inside a given scale for a song (yeah you probably know this xD) , thats what I do anyway, I just play a pentatonic scale mostly when improvising cos thats a safe way to sound good until I know more scales etc and can freely play all the "right" notes that are in key...

Bra jobbat ;D
Last edited by ADireStraight at Oct 29, 2008,
oh, didn´t really mean that you´d crit that, i meant the thing in the link (staind cover) and youtube-vid i posted in my reply.
those things on my profile are just some old shite :P:
hope you have time to check on the other too!

tack ändå!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by Ferrarone
oh, didn´t really mean that you´d crit that, i meant the thing in the link (staind cover) and youtube-vid i posted in my reply.
those things on my profile are just some old shite :P:
hope you have time to check on the other too!

tack ändå!

haha lol, sorry, I should learn to read

Not much to say really, sounds great and everyone seems to be doing their part just fine
I think you have the same guitar as me, or well atleast it's a white strat ;D