according to

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/magazine/interactive/bmi/index.aspx#Results

you are overweight. But it is important to note muscle weighs more than fat so its not completely accurate. If you can bench your own weight i would assume that things are fine.
Originally posted by Diminishedfaith

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
times you can run your stairs up and down / 5kilo's

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Weight * Number of girls who won't sleep with you.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
i agree. 200 lbs @ 6 ft is technically overweight. but who gives a crap. if you bench your own weight you're fine.
I'm 6'. I'm pushing around 235lbs atm. I'm a little chubbier than I was 20 years ago when I weighed 275. But I don't think I'm "overweight".
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by stilt37
i agree. 200 lbs @ 6 ft is technically overweight. but who gives a crap. if you bench your own weight you're fine.

You're still overweight

I'm 6'1 and 158lbs, but I play tons of aerobic sport
Last edited by sam b at Oct 29, 2008,
Quote by sam b
You're still overweight

By who's standard? When I was in the Army I was always "overweight". With less than 2% bodyfat.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Get neked, look down, if you see no penis then your a big un' (:
Vintage les paul copy
Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey studio pro
Roland micro cube
Quote by Jackal58
By who's standard? When I was in the Army I was always "overweight". With less than 2% bodyfat.

Well yeah, it obviously depends on the circumstances....

I'm talking about an average 'non-army' male
Last edited by sam b at Oct 29, 2008,
Cut open your stomach and have a calculator handy.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Best way without getting a full body scan costing hundreds of pounds is to get a skin-fold caliper test to estimate your total body fat %age.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Best way without getting a full body scan costing hundreds of pounds is to get a skin-fold caliper test to estimate your total body fat %age.

Or even better get a bioelectrical impedance test.

These also give you readings of how much body water you have, and average's for your height/age
Quote by derekwalden_-33
Ive heard that BMI is not true, so how do you calculate fat? Am I overweight? Im 6' even, and right about 200 pounds. But, I can also bench press 200 pounds, so I know theres some muscle.

You're not morbidly obese but still overweight. But that could be due as much to muscle as to fat.

Here is a useful link:

http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/calculatebodyfat.html

This gives a rundown of most major techniques to calculate body fat.

enjoi.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
Quote by Jackal58

Are you sure? I think you meant 20%. Jay Cutler (former Mr. Olympia, top bodybuilding competition in the world) was only able to reach 3% bodyfat and bodybuilders sacrifice almost everything to lose body fat. 2% bodyfat and still overweight would mean you look like this.

Literally.
Quote by Jackal58

You god damn fatty.

On-topic, i'm 6'2 and weigh 80 kilo's, about 160-170 lbs. I still have quite a belly, despite the rest of my body being fairly athletic. So, you can still be fat regardless of averages or other such statistics.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Hereforthebooze
I usually go for the

"Wow, they are fat" technique.

Also, if you jump and it ripples, you're fat

Or you look down and can't see your wang.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by derekwalden_-33
Ive heard that BMI is not true, so how do you calculate fat? Am I overweight? Im 6' even, and right about 200 pounds. But, I can also bench press 200 pounds, so I know theres some muscle.

200 pounds is what, about 90 kg? And 6 feet is around 1.80 m.

You're waay in the fatass region.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by EnemyWolf
Are you sure? I think you meant 20%. Jay Cutler (former Mr. Olympia, top bodybuilding competition in the world) was only able to reach 3% bodyfat and bodybuilders sacrifice almost everything to lose body fat. 2% bodyfat and still overweight would mean you look like this.

Literally.

Was close to it 20+ years ago.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Was close to it 20+ years ago.

So was every other fellow in the US army I assume
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood
So was every other fellow in the US army I assume

Nope. I just tend to take things to the extreme.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
BMI is just a measure of the ratio of height to weight essentially. It's a useful guide, but limited because muscle weighs more than fat. Hence, if you have a lot of muscle you might be classed 'overweight' by BMI when you are not. Your BMI is about 27-28 which would be classed overweight, but like I said, if you've got a lot of muscle, you're probably ok.
"This is nothing like we'd ever dreamt,
tell Sir Thomas More we've got another failed attempt"
Quote by Ichimaru
Weight * Number of girls who won't sleep with you.

~390 billion... wow I'm out of shape.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.
Last edited by Eighteen4Ever at Nov 1, 2008,
To find out how much you have body fat, you need to be weighed, tested physically and also go through a blood sample testing.

No calculators. That's for BMI. And no matter what a site will tell you, calculating body fat percentage is not possible!
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Apply hand to belly. Squeeze firmly. Are you holding excess body material? If so, you are fat.

BMI is ridiculous if you ask me. My friend who has worked 40 hours a week doing lawn care for about 3 years is considered borderline over weight by Wii Fitness. And he's VERY athletic, as you could imagine.

According to BMI, we should all look like this:

And if we don't, we're unhealthy fatasses, and we should promptly adopt a diet of nuts and berries.
We're only strays.
I'd suggest if you really are curious you should go see your doctor. That way he can administer the proper tests to measure your body fat, and tell you if you're overweight or not. You have to take in account things like bone mass, and muscle, so just getting on a scale won't do. So, if you're really concerned that you might be overweight, visiting your doctor is the right thing to do. In the end, your physician is the one that's going to tell you how much body fat you have based on your tests. Members of UG looking at your measurements won't help you. Good luck.

~Frussie

Michael Jackson - Forever loved
Quote by Rhitard
Ooh oooh, pick me, pick me!

There's some website that you put in your measurements and stuff and it calculates how much of your body is fat and how much is muscle etc.

I can't find the exact one it was but here's another http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/

That site is BS, I know for a fact I'm less than 20% body fat.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.