http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20081029/tuk-goth-s-teen-killer-sentence-reduced-dba1618.html

One of two teenage boys who murdered a young woman in a park because she was dressed as a Goth has won a reduction in his sentence at the Court of Appeal. Skip related content
Related photos / videos
Goth's teen killer sentence reduced

The Lord Chief Justice, Lord Judge, and two other judges in London cut the minimum term to be served by Ryan Herbert, 16, from 16 years and three months to 15 years and six months.

But they rejected a bid by his co-accused Brendan Harris to have his 18-year minimum sentence reduced.

Harris, of Spring Terrace, Bacup, Lancashire, was convicted of gap-year student Sophie Lancaster's murder after a trial in April.

He was sentenced to life, with the 18-year minimum - the least he must serve before he can apply for parole.

Herbert, of Rossendale Crescent, Bacup, who admitted murder, was also sentenced to life, with a minimum of 16 years and three months.

Miss Lancaster, 20, was killed by repeated stamps and kicks to her head as she lay defenceless trying to protect her injured boyfriend Robert Maltby, 21, in Stubbylee Park, Bacup in August 2007.

Three other youths involved with Herbert and Harris in the savage attack on Mr Maltby had sentence appeals rejected by the judges.

Harris, Herbert, brothers Joseph and Danny Hulme, and Daniel Mallett had moments earlier stamped and kicked art student Mr Maltby into unconsciousness as Miss Lancaster tried to save him.

She died in hospital 13 days later. He survived, but is mentally and physically scarred after the attack.

All five teenagers were given indeterminate sentences for public protection after pleading guilty to grievous bodily harm with intent in relation to the attack on Mr Maltby.

Danny Hulme, 16, and Joseph Hulme, 18, of Landgate, Whitworth, near Bacup are each serving a minimum of five years and ten months and Mallett, 18, of Rockcliffe Drive, Bacup, is serving four years and four months.

Sentencing the youths, Judge Anthony Russell QC described the attacks as "feral thuggery".

The appeals against the sentences he imposed at the Crown Court had mainly centred on the ages of the teenagers.

Lord Judge described it as "appalling crime".

Dismissing the appeals of four of them, he said the appeal of Herbert was being allowed to a "very limited extent".

They should increase it not decrease it...sickos
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
OH FUCK NO!!!!

I suppose 9 months is not really much, but still...

If I ever get my hands on Joseph (an old friend of mine) I will kill the bastard.
Quote by Aramis
OH FUCK NO!!!!

If I ever get my hands on Joseph (an old friend of mine) I will kill the bastard.

wow i can't believe you knew him...they deserve more than death!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Quote by Aramis
OH FUCK NO!!!!

Wait, you know one of them?

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
It happened 2 miles from me. Yes, I was an old school friend of Joe.
Quote by Aramis
It happened 2 miles from me. Yes, I was an old school friend of Joe.

That's awful :/

The British government are wussies when it comes to prison sentences. Nearly all of them are reduced. Hell, a few years back they released all the paedophiles because they thought they were "practically harmless".

Ship 'em off to Australia if you ask me...

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Crafter Cruiser bass
Quote by Aramis

Wow, small world eh? But seriously don't kill him because then in a few years you will be the 'sicko'. I hate to say it but I think people like this should be stopped, I don't approve of the death penalty but this is a savage unprovoked attack and if they hadn't been caught they probably would have re-offended.
Quote by boreamor

The British government are wussies when it comes to prison sentences. Nearly all of them are reduced. Hell, a few years back they released all the paedophiles because they thought they were "practically harmless".

Hahaha, while you're at it, wanna add another dingo joke?

JFC.
Quote by King Baby Duck
I don't think it makes a difference really.
After going to Jail your life is ****ed either way.

not really equal to getting beaten to death though
Quote by boreamor

Keep your paedophiles, we'll stick with our serial killers thank you very much.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Demonology
Hahaha, while you're at it, wanna add another dingo joke?

JFC.

I didn't intend it to be a dig at Australia in all honesty

Well, why not? How many Dingos does it take to take a baby?

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Crafter Cruiser bass
That's pathetic.

Awwhhh let's go easy on the little dears... no. No way.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by boreamor

+1
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
That's pathetic.

Awwhhh let's go easy on the little dears... no. No way.

Little dears who were bragging all around Bacup about how they'd "done somat good?" Yeah right. Dipshit judge.

And yes Reva, I did get your sarcasm, I was going along with it.
Quote by Aramis
Little dears who were bragging all around Bacup about how they'd "done somat good?" Yeah right. Dipshit judge.

And yes Reva, I did get your sarcasm, I was going along with it.

Seriously?! They actually said that?

Yeah.... people are stupid. That is all.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by aaciseric
Wow, small world eh?

It honestly always fascinates me who knows who and how circles work. I have had some big suprises over the years.

Anyway the story was one of the worst I had heard in a while.
Quote by boreamor

Lol our government is even worse at sentencing then yours, they would go to juvie and be out in 3 years over here is Australia (probably not but they would definatley get a lighter sentance over here.)
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
Quote by Jackolas
It honestly always fascinates me who knows who and how circles work. I have had some big suprises over the years.

Anyway the story was one of the worst I had heard in a while.

5/6 whichever degrees of separation thingy. You'd be surprised how often it works
What the ****? Reduced sentence!?

I don't think 16 or 18 years is long enough either, because it was a completley unprovoked murder. People like that are just ruining other peoples lives.

I hate to sound like some kind of dictator here but they should be executed for the good of other people, innocent people

But then again in my opinion with such a horrible crime like this even death is too good for them
Hopefully the guilt eating their souls will be worse than death... Somehow I doubt that though.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
a life sentence is only around 25 to 30 years from what i here so instead of saying they deserve a life sentence

DEATH SENTENCE
reduced sentence? wow, they should have gotten life without parole in the first place.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by IDread
Hopefully the guilt eating their souls will be worse than death... Somehow I doubt that though.

They're goths ...
Quote by aaciseric
They're goths ...

Idiot...

The girl who got kicked to death on the floor was a goth...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
Idiot...

The girl who got kicked to death on the floor was a goth...

Oh right I misread that, I do feel like an idiot now.
Quote by aaciseric
They're goths ...

Umm, no, read the article, they killed a girl because SHE was a goth.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
reduced sentence? wow, they should have gotten life without parole in the first place.

As far as I'm aware, we don't have that sentence here. We certainly should have. Als0o life doesn't mean life. It should. Also to the people saying death penalty - That would make us as bad as them. Justice should not be vengeance.
Quote by Aramis
As far as I'm aware, we don't have that sentence here. We certainly should have. Als0o life doesn't mean life. It should. Also to the people saying death penalty - That would make us as bad as them. Justice should not be vengeance.

no cause their deaths will have been warranted, if they hadnt done anything and we kicked them to death for the way they dress...

THEN, we would be as bad as them.
should not happen.

and yes they deserve to be hung drawn and quartered. bring back the medieval punishments.
that way it will teach chavs and criminals that if they take a life, then they will lose their life

and yeh the british government is a let down in most areas really.
the minimum has been reduced. that doesn't necessarily get them out any earlier.

no cause their deaths will have been warranted, if they hadnt done anything and we kicked them to death for the way they dress...

THEN, we would be as bad as them.

it's still murder.

killing someone with intent to kill or cause GBH.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
The rapists who raped that 12 year old like a month ago who arn't going to get a prison sentence tops this by far.
if margeret thatcher wasnt such a **** there wouldnt be alcholic jobless tax thieves parents spawning thses vile pieces of ****in shit i hope these chav *****s get a visit from bubba!!!
...This damned justice system of ours, its absolutly terrible..
If you take a life, you serve life.( with no parole or reductions)
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
The rapists who raped that 12 year old like a month ago who arn't going to get a prison sentence tops this by far.

... what? link please i cant believe this.
I think they should be curb-stomped to death. For irony, the curb-stompers will be wearing Tripp NYC boots.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM