Looking at buying one to go with my Orange TT combo, however I'm not sure about a few things:

I love the effects, and have tried one briefly however not on an amp I normally use, or a guitar I normally use for that matter. Does the Boss ME change the sound of the amp or will it run "transparently" (that means it doesn't interfere with the original sound right?) and allow me to keep the original tone of the amp but with effects and change the EQ?

thanks
I don't have one so i'm not 100% but pretty sure that its up to you. You can program ur patches to bypass preamps and dists and overdrives and just add effects, or u can use the pedals programmed stomp boxes and preamps.
I am so tired of rhetorical questions. Or am I?
Quote by invaderzim31
I don't have one so i'm not 100% but pretty sure that its up to you. You can program ur patches to bypass preamps and dists and overdrives and just add effects, or u can use the pedals programmed stomp boxes and preamps.

ok thanks... i thought that is what it should do but wasn't sure because of things like the line 6 pod...

also will I need to buy any equipment with it to hook it up to an amp? - it should be supplied with the cables? and were can I find an AC adapter for it, i looked on GAK but couldn't find one

thanks
Quote by Notmewtwoguitar
ok thanks... i thought that is what it should do but wasn't sure because of things like the line 6 pod...

also will I need to buy any equipment with it to hook it up to an amp? - it should be supplied with the cables? and were can I find an AC adapter for it, i looked on GAK but couldn't find one

thanks

i have one, a cable from the boss to the amp will do. and for the adaptor, you ened one, this things sucks batteries badly.\

ask anything you want about it
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
Quote by metalbaswee
i have one, a cable from the boss to the amp will do. and for the adaptor, you ened one, this things sucks batteries badly.\

ask anything you want about it

hehe thanks Does the cable come with it? And will any 9V adaptor do or does it need to be something specific?

thanks
Quote by Notmewtwoguitar
Looking at buying one to go with my Orange TT combo, however I'm not sure about a few things:

I love the effects, and have tried one briefly however not on an amp I normally use, or a guitar I normally use for that matter. Does the Boss ME change the sound of the amp or will it run "transparently" (that means it doesn't interfere with the original sound right?) and allow me to keep the original tone of the amp but with effects and change the EQ?

thanks

Hey, ive been a ME-50 user for yearrrrss.

Ive always found the thing to be pretty transparant. However make sure you buy the official / a good quality power adapter if you are going down the power adapter route.

Because I've used cheap power adapters with it, and got lots of annoying buzz/hum.

And you'll tend to find the Overdrives and Distortions will sound a bit different from amp to amp, or at least thats what ive always found...
Gear!

Guitars:
Dean Hardtail Select
Dean ML Platinum,
Tanglewood Odyssey Acoustic.

Amps:
Peavey Classic 30

Other Stuff I Use:
Boss ME-50
Blackstar HT-Distx

http://www.last.fm/user/TomWales/
Quote by Tom!!
Hey, ive been a ME-50 user for yearrrrss.

Ive always found the thing to be pretty transparant. However make sure you buy the official / a good quality power adapter if you are going down the power adapter route.

Because I've used cheap power adapters with it, and got lots of annoying buzz/hum.

And you'll tend to find the Overdrives and Distortions will sound a bit different from amp to amp, or at least thats what ive always found...

yes, a good power supply is a must, i have the boss one, and it works great, i have a lot of noisy, but i already had that before i got the me-50

most of the od/ds is good, like the ds 1, the ts-9 and the muff, but some of them are not so good, and very unclear and noisy
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.