About 2 and a half years ago I bought a Budgie and named him Ozzy. He's been loads of fun and has been great. The only thing is when I got him I felt kinda bad that he lived in a cage - so I let him fly around my room as much as possible.

But now I'm thinking it's not good enough. He must be bored stiff. If I let him free he will probably be killed and now is hardly the time because it's so cold outside. But I would hate to let him die in a cage - I would rather give him those few hours of freedom.

What do you think pit?
Signed.
If he's domesticated, he'd die.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
No, he doesn't know any better, don't feel bad.

Up to you though.

There 2 birds in a cage behind me, i used to feel bad, but they don't know any better and they're treated well, so it don't bother me.
Dont let him out he will die for sure,if the cold dosent get him the other birds will kill him,just let him fly around in your room allso if you can put a Youtube video on whith other budgies that seems to entertain them,ore just give him to a friend...
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
hed probably die of cold and starvation in the first day or be killed by some animal becouse hes to trusting, anyway how big is your house just open the inside doors and let him fly around most birds like sitting in high places anyway
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.

I've got to set my budgie free

SET IT FREE!!!!!
Sig space available, give me some praise
Your all right. He has a good life in my room. I look after him but he used to have a life with about 20 birds in a pet shop and if he doesn't know any better I'm sure he remembers that.
Signed.
btw, one word.

Pie.
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Budgie? Its a Parakeet...
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Just keep letting him out of the cage within your house. If you let him out now he will definitely die, and it won't be bloody fun.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by sirrjj
btw, one word.

Pie.

STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by Metallicaloveu
Your all right. He has a good life in my room. I look after him but he used to have a life with about 20 birds in a pet shop and if he doesn't know any better I'm sure he remembers that.

Then get another budgie?

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Just keep letting him out of the cage within your house. If you let him out now he will definitely die, and it won't be bloody fun.

It will be bloody though.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
Quote by Metallicaloveu

Was he crowded with 20 other birds? i bet ur more fun.
Quote by CTFOD
Then get another budgie?

of the other sex, then he can have rampent sex in his last years and fulfile his dreams by raising a loving family

edit: or a bigger pie.
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Holy ****ing shit i called my old budgie Ozzy. =( He was yellow, and amazing. But he died. Then i got a blue one called Brian, and he died after like 2 weeks from disease.

Yeah he'll die if you set him free, he wont know his arse from his elbow and other birds will kill him. Id prefer to die in whats been my home all my life than getting mutilated by some plauge filled flying rats. He doesn't know any better. As long as you let him out and socialize with him hell be happy.
get another one and then he wont feel so lonely.

or they could fight each other. in this case, pics/video is essential.
Quote by ross1234

SET IT FREE!!!!!

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Quote by beckyjc

Yeah he'll die if you set him free, he wont know his arse from his elbow and other birds will kill him. Id prefer to die in whats been my home all my life than getting mutilated by some plauge filled flying rats. He doesn't know any better. As long as you let him out and socialize with him hell be happy.

I didn't know birds had elbows. Learn something new everyday.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Guitarfreak217
Get another bird so hes not lonely if you really believe its possible for him to actually be lonely...

Which I do...

thats a good idea tbf
also get a bigger cage?

or maybe give him to a zoo or something?
Quote by nebiru
I didn't know birds had elbows. Learn something new everyday.

Im an expert in bird anatomy after owning 4 budgies and a cockatiel.
Quote by beckyjc
Holy ****ing shit i called my old budgie Ozzy. =( He was yellow, and amazing. But he died. Then i got a blue one called Brian, and he died after like 2 weeks from disease.

haha that was damn funny. You've all helped me justify keeping him. I think Ozzy deserves a picture how do I include a picture into here? I can host it at my own website but how do I put it in a post?
Signed.
Unless you live within the natural range of budgies (parts of Australia), don't do it. As has already been stated, your budgie doesn't stand a chance in the real world. It won't know how to find food, avoid predators, and it's not adapted to the climate.

If you feel your budgie's sad/lonely/bored/etc. then spend more time with him, get some toys, and interact with him.

Keep in mind is "few hours of freedom" would probably be pretty miserable. He's going to in an environment he's never known before, cold, wet, hungry, etc.

"You got a pet, you got a responsibility."
I'm alive!!!
Quote by CTFOD
If he's domesticated, he'd die.

Yeah.

Don't do it TS.

Get him a female budgie to keep him company.

Budgies like to be in couples.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
I like Budgies I used to have 2, but they died
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Put this on!,your budgie will go nuts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVrZ7P4QfcE
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Your budgie wouldn't know what to do on it's own: it can't feed itself, it can't find or build appropriate shelter, it won't know what to do during the winter, etc. This budgie needs you.
No, if its domestic it'll die if set free, so if you want it to have about an hour of freedom before freezing/starving/being eaten set it free, but I wouldn't.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
You should have named him Burke.

A cookie for whoever gets it.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Budgies don't have the thought you claim they do.
FFS, they think their reflection is another bird.
Quote by Mudmen190
Budgies don't have the thought you claim they do.
FFS, they think their reflection is another bird.

Not much different from me then.

May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
my budgie died :[

i miss him

r.i.p

"Ein Herz von flimmernden Hirngespinsten,
Ohne Halt und ohne Boden.
Feuer des Winters,
Herr der Träume,
Vater aller Türen: Öffne!"
Paysage d'Hiver - Ich schreite
Leave a teflon frying pan empty on a burner set to as hot as the stove can go. Soon the teflon will break up and release a gas that only just a little bit of it will kill a bird instantly. Learned that in chemistry today
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
Quote by ross1234

SET IT FREE!!!!!

AND I WANT MY BUDGIE TO BE HEALTHY,
AND I WANT MY BUDGIE JUST FOR ME
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by Moggan13
Set your Budgie free at a gig, and then shout "FREEBIRD!"
Instant Kudos

Not at an Ozzy show though. I think we all know th consequences of that.
Quote by duncang

at his command
we had two parakeets when i was little and we let them fly around often enough so they got exercise and weren't bored. my dad was a big fan of birds and often walked around with one of them on his shoulder like a pirate.

they were love birds as you might say, so one flied into the cabinets on accident and fell into the deep fryer and the other died a week or two later from a broken heart.

i'd like to get a pet bird sometime, i miss having them.