In psychology class we have to do a experiment on people using Classical Conditioning. I can't find any good experiments on google or any site. I want to do something unique and not Pavlov's like everyone else is gonna do. Just throw out some ideas for me!!! I'll reward with cookies!!!
Just stick with Pavlov, surely you can't go wrong that way?
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
DUH!!! The Office. Classical Conditioning with the tic-tacs or whatever.. Can't quite remember the episode X.x Was a bit ago.
Yes, but that wasn't an actual experiment by a psychologist was it?

Didn't think so...

EDIT: ^^^ I'd forgotten about that. Probably because it wasn't put into any of the hand-outs we got, we just discussed it.
Quote by SteveHouse
Screw Pavlov's dog..

Hmm.. lemme think. Oh Oh ! Wasn't there this one experiment with the 2 kids, they made one watch some violent programme, and then the other the non-violent programme.. Then they examined their behaviour, and found the one who watched the violent programme came out all violent n stuff, and the other came out as decent as he went in.

You should put on an old kung fu flick as an example. I mean cmon, who doesnt do Kung Fu after watching Kung Fu flicks ? Forbidden Kingdom got me pretty pumped up.
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
Quote by Silentlassassin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Wl-N9iOts

Around minute 3 - it starts.

It's not by a psychologist. Now be helpful or stop it.

Quote by xtopher_aaron
Screw Pavlov's dog..

Hmm.. lemme think. Oh Oh ! Wasn't there this one experiment with the 2 kids, they made one watch some violent programme, and then the other the non-violent programme.. Then they examined their behaviour, and found the one who watched the violent programme came out all violent n stuff, and the other came out as decent as he went in.

You should put on an old kung fu flick as an example. I mean cmon, who doesnt do Kung Fu after watching Kung Fu flicks ? Forbidden Kingdom got me pretty pumped up.

I don't think that's the same thing....

Conditioning is when you gradually build up an association with one thing to another.

Like with pavlovs dog they eventually salivated because they associated the bell with the food....
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by xtopher_aaron
Screw Pavlov's dog..

That has absolutely nothing to do with classic conditioning.

I was going to suggest the Little Albert Experiment too. It's interesting, and the guy didn't get proper consent so if you're so inclined you can talk about ethics. And how the child developed a complete phobia of anything white and fluffy, including Santa.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Yes, but that wasn't an actual experiment by a psychologist was it?

Didn't think so...

EDIT: ^^^ I'd forgotten about that. Probably because it wasn't put into any of the hand-outs we got, we just discussed it.

If its not on the handouts, it didn't happen.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Just stick with Pavlov, surely you can't go wrong that way?

If it's classical conditioning, Head & Shoulders is probably the best way to go.

/Cringe-worthy joke
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
It's not by a psychologist? Who gives a damn? It's still a stupid experiment. Whether it was used in the actual life, does that really matter? It is still an example. So you can go **** off with your facepalm you dumbass
Quote by nodice182
That has absolutely nothing to do with classic conditioning.

I was going to suggest the Little Albert Experiment too. It's interesting, and the guy didn't get proper consent so if you're so inclined you can talk about ethics. And how the child developed a complete phobia of anything white and fluffy, including Santa.

Bandura's experiment with the Bobo Doll could also be used? I think I may be wrong...

Quote by Ichimaru
If its not on the handouts, it didn't happen.

Aha... erm... sure?

Quote by CTFOD
If it's classical conditioning, Head & Shoulders is probably the best way to go.

/Cringe-worthy joke

oh you

Quote by Silentlassassin
It's not by a psychologist? Who gives a damn? It's still a stupid experiment. Whether it was used in the actual life, does that really matter? It is still an example. So you can go **** off with your facepalm you dumbass

It matters. Was it a controlled experiment? Was everything written down and done so it could be duplicated to test the results? No?

Then it doesn't count.

*reported*
Quote by SteveHouse
Last edited by RevaM1ssP1ss at Oct 29, 2008,
Quote by PWK_2010
In psychology class we have to do a experiment on people using Classical Conditioning. I can't find any good experiments on google or any site. I want to do something unique and not Pavlov's like everyone else is gonna do. Just throw out some ideas for me!!! I'll reward with cookies!!!

Well with the original post, you gonna have to show me where he requested all the shit you pulling out :

"Must by done by psychologist"

"Must be a professional experiment"

There is nothing wrong have a little fun with a class, whether in college or high school. So get the stick out of your ass, piss.
Quote by Silentlassassin
Well with the original post, you gonna have to show me where he requested all the shit you pulling out :

"Must by done by psychologist"

"Must be a professional experiment"

There is nothing wrong have a little fun with a class, whether in college or high school. So get the stick out of your ass, piss.

I took Psychology in college, this is one of the very first things we did. I know what I'm talking about. Don't make yourself look even more foolish.

EDIT: TS I doubt you'll find anything other than Pavlov's experiment or the Little Albert thing. Not easily anyway.
Quote by SteveHouse
Last edited by RevaM1ssP1ss at Oct 29, 2008,
Kid, so have I. I am minoring in psychology at my college. So, GG for you for taking a class. You get one e-cookie. From my experiences, teachers really don't give THAT much of a shit, as you apparently do, if you try to have at least a little fun and strafe away from complete ordinary. In this case, what would you classify ordinary as? Maybe.. pavlov.
Quote by PWK_2010
right, man. skip the dogs.

find a wino/hobo.

ring a bell, then suck his dick.

do this repeatedly,

then see if just ringing the bell gives him a woodie.

pretty sure no one else is gonna do this, so it will be unique.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Bandura's experiment with the Bobo Doll could also be used.

From what I recall, that was a really poor experiment. And isn't it more about monkey see- monkey do behaviour in children than a sort of Pavlovian response?
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
Quote by Silentlassassin
Kid, so have I. I am minoring in psychology at my college. So, GG for you for taking a class. You get one e-cookie. From my experiences, teachers really don't give THAT much of a shit, as you apparently do, if you try to have at least a little fun and strafe away from complete ordinary. In this case, what would you classify ordinary as? Maybe.. pavlov.

Just no. To your entire post. No.

Quote by nodice182
From what I recall, that was a really poor experiment. And isn't it more about monkey see- monkey do behaviour in children than a sort of Pavlovian response?

Aye I realise it was more of copycat behaviour after I said it, but it's relative to it in a behavioural sense at least
Quote by SteveHouse
try full behavior modification, which is essentially classical conditioning taken to extremes.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
try full behavior modification, which is essentially classical conditioning taken to extremes.

May be a bit full-on for a replication, but it'd be relevant to read about it

A link for the TS who may not wish to look for himself

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavior_modification
Quote by SteveHouse
thanks guys for the help, i found a experiment im going to try. Cookies for everyone.