searched this but couldn't find anything really,

which tubescreamer is better in general?

to go with my peavey classic 30? no realy genre just the better one overall
ts 808
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
Build one, cheapest best sounding route. Check out general guitar gadgets, only about 60 bucks.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Well TS7 is definitely better than the TS9; it uses the same circuitry, but is cheaper and in a stronger case.
Quote by michal23
Well TS7 is definitely better than the TS9; it uses the same circuitry, but is cheaper and in a stronger case.

No offense, but try before you talk. I compared the two, and the TS9(which now sits on my carpet waiting to be stepped on) has a much less harsh overdrive than the TS7, plus the TS7's tone-lok shell actually felt flimsier to me than my the TS9 did.

Anyway, if you have the cash I'd recommend a Maxon OD808. If not try a TS9DX. If not a TS9. At bare minimum a TS7, and even then only at last resort.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by michal23

Your a bit off on that one... If they were the same A)Why are there mods to turn a TS7 into a TS9 and B) If it was better why would they even sell the TS9....
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Best one I have played and owned is the Keeley TS9DX FLEXI-4X2

Big +1 to the Keeley modded tubescreamers. I've AB'd a hell of a lot of boutique tubescreamer clones against mine, and none have the same smoothness and clarity. It goes both cleaner and dirtier than the stock units, and has no honky midrange spike, just musical, fat, smoothness.
If you want a vintage correct 808 with some room to expand, general guitar gadgets all the way. Take your time and you'll have something you built your self, which to me is very cool.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not