ok i want to buy something of thomann.de but i only have a solo card, they say i can pay using a bank transfer, but how would i do this. They say they will email me their bank details but how ill i make a payment into this. (first bank account, i'm a bit of a noob). I can pay using my own details because they dont accept solo cards

Thanx in advance.
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes"

"Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through"

sounds sketchy... e-mailing details and such. I wouldn't do it
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
What the hell is a solo card? ATM card?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
they give you an account number and you have your bank wire the funds to thier account. thomann.de is a reputable site so it shouldn't be a problem.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
solo= debit card.

and thomann is a trusted site and apparently so is bank transfer payment, but i dont know how to do it :/

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
they give you an account number and you have your bank wire the funds to thier account. thomann.de is a reputable site so it shouldn't be a problem.

so would i go into my local (hsbc) branch and do this?

If your debit card has a Visa/Mastercard logo on it then you can pay online just like a credit card. I do it all the time.
it has a Maestro / Cirrus logo on the back :/

If it's a direct debit then they'll give you a sort code and account number, all you need to do is go into your bank and do the transfer by filling in the form, but I don't think it's legal for someone under 18 to do a DD.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by YngwieJnr

so would i go into my local (hsbc) branch and do this?

call your bank, I'm not sure how these work in Europe, but your bank can tell you all you need to know.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
i dont think its a direct debit( it isnt a regular payment, just a one off)

but im not really in the know with all of this neway

You have to log on to your bank acct or go to your bank. Tell them you want to do a wire transfer from your acct to their's. Then you use the bank info they gave you to fill out a form for a wire transfer, the people at your bank should help you, and you'll get a receipt for it, takes about 3 or 4 days depending on the bank. Once they receive the payment, they will send the item and it's done.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by YngwieJnr
it has a Maestro / Cirrus logo on the back :/

Maestro/Cirrus is basically the really low form of Mastercard. If Thomann accepts those it may work. Though its doubtful because not everybody accepts Maestro. I was lucky and got a Visa debit card.
ok thanks guys...
and another question is maestro the same as mastercard? Ie will thomann.de accept it.
im searching at the moment on google but im on 3's mobile broadband so its unbelievably slow.

EDIT: searched on yahoo answers and theyr mixed answers apparently in some countries you can :/ but not sure aboiut GB

Last edited by YngwieJnr at Oct 29, 2008,
It'll just be a chaps transfer, I do these all the time in work to Insurance companies. Get thoman's details, phone your bank and tell them you want to make an bank transfer, give them your account details (applicant), give them thomman's details (beneficiary). Depending on your bank you may have to do this in writing, you pay the local charges, beneficiary usual pay their local bank charge. Not really a problem just ring your bank and tell them what you want.

Mastercard is a credit card (same as Visa) - credit card you pay off with the card company

Maestro is debit card (same as solo) - masetro/solo comes straight from your account.

Hope that helps
I just had to go to my bank and give them the account number and sort code etc (the stuff they send in the email)
They will email you all the details you need for the international bank transfer. I did it to thomnann 2 days ago. I'm still waiting for them to recieve my payment though.

Not sure how long this will take...but I'm emailing them tomorrow if they haven't registered it by then. The money has been withdrawn from my bank account so yeah
WTLTL 2011
I think Maestro is just Mastercards really low grade debit cards. My first debit was a Maestro card, it sucked.
Quote by Helpy Helperton

Mastercard is a credit card (same as Visa) - credit card you pay off with the card company

Maestro is debit card (same as solo) - masetro/solo comes straight from your account.

Hope that helps

but theyr by the same company and they have the same security encryption (or something like that :/)

From site:
Maestro is using the MasterCard® SecureCode™ technology

Last edited by YngwieJnr at Oct 29, 2008,
Quote by Mark G
They will email you all the details you need for the international bank transfer. I did it to thomnann 2 days ago. I'm still waiting for them to recieve my payment though.

Not sure how long this will take...but I'm emailing them tomorrow if they haven't registered it by then. The money has been withdrawn from my bank account so yeah

Has to clear OUT of your account in IN their account

Could take up to 2 weeks (1 week per bank account)
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Quote by YngwieJnr
but theyr by the same company and they have the same security encryption (or something like that :/)

From site:
Maestro is using the MasterCard® SecureCode™ technology

Yes but it's Maestro using Mastercards tech = Debit card using credit card security features (money still comes direct from your account)
well ive ordered it now im just waiting for them to confirm my data (credit card number etc)

fingers crossed