Am I the only person that prefers Ozzy as opposed to Dio in Sabbath? He's a much more metal singer, and just overall my favorite. Thoughts?
And I'll take everything from the inside, and throw it all away cause I swear for the last time, I won't trust myself with you =+Linkin Park+=
Both singers bring a completely different feel to the band. Because of that I would say i like both the same. Ozzy-sab is more Doomy, where Dio-sab is more mystical. Both amazing singers in an amazing band
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
agreed. however, i do prefer my ozzy sab to dio, despite seeing heaven and hell twice. i like them, dont get me wrong, im just more for the first 5 sabbath albums.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Both bring a very different feeling to the band

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
ozzy
dio is a great musician but he really changed sabbath into a different band when he was there and it wasn't as good, he needs to have complete control over music he makes and that just doesn't work in a band like sabbath
I don't like the Dio years with sabbath.
Nothing against Dio, but he doesn't fit in sabbath.
sounds like you guys need to listen to more Dio-sab. The 2 albums Dio made with Sabbath were extraordinary. Listen to Falling off the Edge of the World, Sign of the Southern Cross, Children of the Sea, Lonely is the Word, and Voodoo. Altho those are just a few, damn near everything on those albums are amazing.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Ozzy... Something you never heard at that time in music... Dio, sounded just like he did when he was in Elf or Rainbow.... Or even his solo career.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Quote by MCRkid22
Am I the only person that prefers Ozzy as opposed to Dio in Sabbath? He's a much more metal singer, and just overall my favorite. Thoughts?

Are you the only one? Dude, many of Black Sabbath "fans" don't even know that Black Sabbath existed without Ozzy
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by Ardius
Neither, Gillan ftw!
Gillan > Dio > Osbourne

I keep forgetting he was in Sabbath. I'm like a goldfish.

*browse internet* GILLAN WAS IN SABBATH? *browse internet some more* GILLAN WAS IN SABBATH? *go to have lunch, come back to same page* GILLAN WAS IN SABBATH?
*reported*

Covered many times, no versus threads, take it to the Black Sabbath Thread etc.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.