I was looking at roland microcube, or vox ad-15vt, so it has to be in that sort of price range. Links would help, preferably to sites which deliever to UK?

I know an amp won't be perfect for all tose genres with that price range, but as close as possible. Around £100, nothing like £150, just cnt afford it .
Both those amps are pretty good for what they are. Try them out and see what you like best.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Both those amps are pretty good for what they are. Try them out and see what you like best.

Really? Someone said the vox has a weak metal tone, so I was just checking.. does it?
I think the Roland is Better
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
For a good micro cube get a Line 6 micro spider, got decent metal and blues tones.

I actually just bought a Spider III 75W, but I took it back and swapped it out for a 30W Marshall MG30FDX. Smaller, yes, but quality over quantity.

The Marshall totally pwns from blues to metal and everything in between. I'm totally smitten. And it was only about $250, so 150 euros would do it.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
I had the AD30 and it had a pretty good metal tone considering it cost £150

But you aren't going to get an amp with an absolutely amazing tone for £100
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by gizmodious
For a good micro cube get a Line 6 micro spider, got decent metal and blues tones.

I actually just bought a Spider III 75W, but I took it back and swapped it out for a 30W Marshall MG30FDX. Smaller, yes, but quality over quantity.

The Marshall totally pwns from blues to metal and everything in between. I'm totally smitten. And it was only about $250, so 150 euros would do it.

Quote by gizmodious

No, just no. The spider and MG have terrible reliability (not to mention sound like shit). TS, avoid both these amps like the plague.

I think the vox does metal just fine, but the microcube does metal very well. Like I said, give them a try and see which you like best.
Quote by lewis_grey

I'll second that. Smitten with an MG... Must be easier to please than a 13 year old with a hard on.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
Quote by gizmodious

OK, you just beat someone else out as having the worst post I've seen in weeks.

3 fails in one post. And both of you have been around UG a while.

TS - Cube or Vypyr is my vote.
**** you guys, I still love my MG. I had heard MG were garbage but rather than taking someones word for it I check them out. Sound great with my strat.

I trust my ears over your opinions.

My best advice is to get off your ass and into a music shop and test a few out.

Next up, a Mesa Boogie stack. FLAME SHIELD UP!!!

generally the rolands are better for metal, the voxes are better for cleaner stuff. really depends on which you play more.

you might manage to get a cube 30 for around the £120 mark, if you can stretch to that (assuming you play more metal than cleans, blues and classic rock), might be worth it (as it has a few more amp models than the micro, and sounds a bit "bigger), but if not, the micro is superior to the cube 15x and 20x, which have even fewer amp models.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The spider wasn't bad, but a 75W in a two bedroom apartment was a bit much. I was having to put it on the balconey so I wouldn't rattle the asbestos in my roofing loose! That and the tempo light drove me nuts and there was no way to shut it off.

To each there own... btw, 311ZOSOVHJH, Nice gear. Heard the Valvekings have pretty gnarly gain.

Quote by gizmodious
The spider wasn't bad, but a 75W in a two bedroom apartment was a bit much. I was having to put it on the balconey so I wouldn't rattle the asbestos in my roofing loose! That and the tempo light drove me nuts and there was no way to shut it off.

To each there own... btw, 311ZOSOVHJH, Nice gear. Heard the Valvekings have pretty gnarly gain.

Our points still stand, you can get better sounding more reliable gear for what any of the spiders or MGs cost. You wouldn't believe how often we get, my spider/mg broke, or my spider/mg sounds like crap what should I do/get?

Edit: BTW, reall mature way to defend your amps. I could ask you, have you tried any other amps? You say you want a boogie stack, but what kind? Makes me think you're just lost in the name. How bout you go try some amps and tell me your MG is still the bee's knees.
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Oct 29, 2008,
Quote by yoyodunno
I'm not sure there are any amps truly good for both metal and blues it seems.

Marshall JCM800, Mesa Stiletto Deuce, Mesa MK IV, amoung others.

This is a terrible thread, by the way.

A practice amp is a practice amp. Your best bet is to get a modeling amp. IMO, the cube is inferior all around to the Vox, but that's my opinion. The spider will work, though not as well as the other two.
Quote by imgooley
Marshall JCM800, Mesa Stiletto Deuce, Mesa MK IV, amoung others.

This is a terrible thread, by the way.

A practice amp is a practice amp. Your best bet is to get a modeling amp. IMO, the cube is inferior all around to the Vox, but that's my opinion. The spider will work, though not as well as the other two.

A JCM800 is tight enough to do death metal, even with a boost?

And then yeah amps that cost thousands.
Quote by yoyodunno
A JCM800 is tight enough to do death metal, even with a boost?

And then yeah amps that cost thousands.

So Death Metal is the only kind of metal?

And yes, a 2203 is.
Quote by gizmodious
btw, 311ZOSOVHJH, Nice gear. Heard the Valvekings have pretty gnarly gain.

Crushing.

TS - I agree with Dave, the vox is very good at blues, cleans and stuff. I have a da5, but the cube get's the majority of the metalhead votes. I liked it when I tried it but preferred the Vox for what I play most. The Vypyr is worth a look too, although they are new - so long term reliability is still untested.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Our points still stand, you can get better sounding more reliable gear for what any of the spiders or MGs cost. You wouldn't believe how often we get, my spider/mg broke, or my spider/mg sounds like crap what should I do/get?

Edit: BTW, reall mature way to defend your amps. I could ask you, have you tried any other amps? You say you want a boogie stack, but what kind? Makes me think you're just lost in the name. How bout you go try some amps and tell me your MG is still the bee's knees.

Had a few Crates, didn't really like em too much, the again it was the the FW15R and the FW65 (both used)... I wasn't impressed.

Just met a drummer, and my old crate wouldnt be heard over his pounding. I was looking at a head/cab combo, but your right, I haven't picked a model yet. The 'boogie road king looks like a dream come true... but I just don't have the funds right now, and I think its a bit of overkill since I'm not giging.

Why attempt to be mature? Its the internet. Shouldnt you be at guitar center sweep picking for attention instead of harassing posters?

I'll admit I'm a bit of a gear noob since I just made the acoustic/electric transition, but it's better than being a dick-head like you.

I wouldn't call correcting misinformation "harassing" but to each his own.

Those crates are junk, but you can't rate a whole brand on their worst gear, their Vintage club, palominos, and the discontinued v series were all pretty nice amps, the blackhearts that are replacing the v series are nice amps.

Why attempt to be mature? Because this is a mature forum and maturity is appreciated. Sweep picking? I play the blues thank you very much, no sweeps for me.

You are a gear noob (not a bit of one). Correcting you're awful posts doesn't make me a dick.
Quote by Kevin Saale
I wouldn't call correcting misinformation "harassing" but to each his own.

Those crates are junk, but you can't rate a whole brand on their worst gear, their Vintage club, palominos, and the discontinued v series were all pretty nice amps, the blackhearts that are replacing the v series are nice amps.

Why attempt to be mature? Because this is a mature forum and maturity is appreciated. Sweep picking? I play the blues thank you very much, no sweeps for me.

You are a gear noob (not a bit of one). Correcting you're awful posts doesn't make me a dick.

Kevpwnt.

What epic fail
oh man.
I'm crying right now.

But Vox, Roland and Peavey modelling amps are decent.

And, Kevin, the Palomino's are discontinued and the V's are still going strong. I'm sure you know this but you post makes it seem like you thought the opposite
/whatever
^Crate seems to have stopped production on the V's in order to make room for the Blackhearts.
Quote by imgooley
^Crate seems to have stopped production on the V's in order to make room for the Blackhearts.

That is the impression I was under.
^Yeah, just crate/music store trying to clear their stock. You'd think they'd be out by now, but whatev, cheap crate tubes are the win.