I'm searching for a new guitar with the following specs :

- fixed bridge (string-through body preff)

- HSH or HSS pickup routing (pickups aren't important)

- 600-800 USD range

The closest match I was able to find was the PGM 301, which I find a bit lacking for its price range.

Suggestions?

edit : typ0s
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
Last edited by lokster at Oct 29, 2008,
Quote by lokster
I'm searching for a new guitar with the following specs :

- fixed bridge (string-through body preff)

- HSH or HSS pickup routing (pickups aren't important)

- 600-800 USD range

The closest match I was able to find was the PGM 301, which I find a bit lacking for its price range.

Suggestions?
edit : typ0s

jackson dinky
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
HSS/HSH is not popular with fixed bridges, due in part to some people thinking it looks odd... I personally don't care. I don't know what you find lacking about the PGM, but it is almost your only option without getting lucky and finding a used Carvin with those specs. There is the Jackson SL1T, but they are not common used. You could build one from Warmoth, Musikraft, or other parts though
I find the PGM overpriced compared to other Ibanez guitars, and I'm not a big fan of either the painted F-holes or DiMarzio pickups.

Obviously the biggest limitation is money or else i'd just get one done custom.
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
Quote by CJRocker
HSS/HSH is not popular with fixed bridges, due in part to some people thinking it looks odd... I personally don't care. I don't know what you find lacking about the PGM, but it is almost your only option without getting lucky and finding a used Carvin with those specs. There is the Jackson SL1T, but they are not common used. You could build one from Warmoth, Musikraft, or other parts though

yeah. maybe some USA fenders? they're HSH routed i think, but you wouldn't have the through-body stringing...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?