Hi All,

I’m looking 4 a bit of advice if anyone could help me or shed some light on this topic I would be most grateful.

I’ve been playing guitar now for approx 12 years now and I’ve been a member of different bands for a long while to.

I’m generally satisfied with my guitar set up but technically I’m not overly keen on the sound when I play Lead guitar.

General Set up

My Amplification

JCM 602 Marshall combo amp ( 2 channel amp Clean/Overdirve)

Effects Pedals

Jim Dunlop Wah Wah
Ibanez Tubescreamer Overdrive pedal
Boss DD5 Delay
Boss TR-2 Tremolo
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Boss OS-2 Overdirve/Distortion (hardly used)
Channel Switch for the Amp

My general set up;
• For clean sounding rhythm guitar I use the Clean channel on the Amp.
• For crunch sounding rhythm guitar I use the Clean channel on the Amp with the Ibanez Tubescreamer Overdrive on.
• For My lead sound (boost volume channel) I switch onto the Overdrive channel on the amp along with the Ibanez Tubescreamer with the gain on the amplification quite low but the volume higher than that on the clean channel, giving me a higher volume channel for lead.

As I previously stated I’m not overly keen on the Lead sound that I produce, It’s to fuzz sounding and not clean enough in the sense it doesn’t come through cleanly due to the fuzziness. For example if I add delay on top of the lead it’s a big mosh sounding basically due to the two overdrives over riding each other and its not clean enough sounding.

I have tried some booster pedal i.e to boost the volume of my crunch to give me a cleaner lead sound (reduce the fuzziness). I’ve tried such pedals as the Blackstar Boost but still it projects some overdrive still giving a fuzziness sounding.

If anyone could suggest a method of perfecting my lead sound in getting it cleaner projective sounding in any way maybe a decent Booster pedal with minimal fuzz creation.... I would be most grateful. (But obviously I don’t want a clean clean sound I just want too basically boost my crunch rhythm guitar volume without creating that fuzziness!!!!)
Kind Regards
Have you got a noise gate?
PS. You posted the same thread twice
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
Mm. Not as quick, but perhaps you could turn up the gain on the lead channel and turn the TS off when you use it.