Which is the better guitar when it comes to warm playing, distortion, and in general?
All i know is a Tele has a slightly twangier sound, i have never played a proper strat, mainly because i hate them so i have no idea about them sorry.
Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco Sunburst
Laney VC-15
Quote by snell
All i know is a Tele has a slightly twangier sound, i have never played a proper strat, mainly because i hate them so i have no idea about them sorry.

You have no idea about them, but you hate them?
Quote by EdawMail
You have no idea about them, but you hate them?

Sorry, i should of elaborated. I don't like the shape of them to be honest, a bit fickle i know but hey.
Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco Sunburst
Laney VC-15
If you want a tone that is warm, none of those is a good choice. Teles sound generally brighter than strats (except for fixed bridge strats, those are just as bright). The warmest 'normal' strat sound comes from an alder strat with rosewood fretboard. Fender builds (or used to build) strats with a mahogany body and humbuckers, which are a lot warmer than even the alder strat with rosewood board, but they consequently don't sound much like strats.

Why don't you just tell us what music you play, what other gear you have and how much money you've got so we can suggest you something nice for you?
^ yeah, i'd agree. i guess it depends on whether he's planning on modding the strat. a strat with humbuckers might be warm enough, for example.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TheQuailman
If you want a tone that is warm, none of those is a good choice. Teles sound generally brighter than strats (except for fixed bridge strats, those are just as bright). The warmest 'normal' strat sound comes from an alder strat with rosewood fretboard. Fender builds (or used to build) strats with a mahogany body and humbuckers, which are a lot warmer than even the alder strat with rosewood board, but they consequently don't sound much like strats.

Why don't you just tell us what music you play, what other gear you have and how much money you've got so we can suggest you something nice for you?

The man with the duck/horribly disfigured quail in his sig does not lie