Hi there,

I have an Ibanez S-series (leftie).

I play mainly Iron Maiden and lead guitar. I am not happy with the Pickups on my Ibanez (Hb: SC : Hb) and I was wondering if you could recommend what would be the best pickups to get for my guitar. Budget is not a limit if the pickups are worth their money.

Also could anyone provide me with some links to respraying parts of your guitar?

-My intonation screws are a bit scratched and have lost some black paint.
-The little cube things in the floyd rose have rusted
-I would like to spray my volume and tone knobs white as well as the pickup select switch to give a contrast to the pure black guitar.

Thanks
1st off. I'd reccomend active pickups. (The Stocks r prolly passive.) The best activs, imho, are Seymour Duncan Blackouts. (You can get a set of 2 for $173.95 at musiciansfriend.com; jus search blackouts.) I think they're better than EMGs cuz they're cleaner sounding.

2nd, repairs...
Your intonation screws are fine unless the heads are stripped and you can no longer raise or lower them. If the heads are stripped, replace them. These can prolly be bought at your local guitar shop. Bring your guitar, so the in-shop guitar tech can make sure to give you screws that fit. Will be very cheap.
The Floyd cube thingys should prolly be replaced. If they are rusty, they prolly aren't doin their job so well anymore. Plus, that could potentially affect how your strings sound and play. These can be bought at your local guitar shop, as well; prolly'll cost $5-$10 (or watever that is in your local currency). Also, to prevent them gettin rusty again, buy some anti-rust spray at your local hardware store. Don't know how much it cost, but not too much.
As for your knobs, take them off and spray several coats of white spray paint of them. You can find some decent spraypaint prolly at the local hardware store. Buy the decent stuff tho, not the shitty spray and go stuff.
can't help you much with the small parts, spraying etc, but for the pickups: are you looking for Active or passive?

Actives are pretty standard, although I'd HIGHLY reccommend the 18V mod on EMG's..

Passives are a whole other monster. Look into Bareknuckle Pickups, or Some of the people on here that make their own pups.
------

Shwiggity.
Iron maiden actually used fender strats for the lead work usually, judging from what I've seen. So if you want their tone I'd advise just finding a really good sounding vintage output pair, and putting them through a really high gain amp I.E. 6505. Much more versatility, as well. Even if I'm wrong about Maiden, that'll still sound great.

Just buy a new pair of knobs; less hassle.
not enough room in the body. i use a screamin deamon its amazing in the s series
Rofl, you can put actives in an S series easy...
You'll either need a singlecoil sized active for the middle or just disconnect the old one, so EMGs are probably your best bet with the 18v mod.

EMG SA middle, 60 neck and 81 bridge?

Although passives are probably a better bet, I think you'll be satisfied with JB-59 or Custom Custom.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Quote by WH15P3R
You'll either need a singlecoil sized active for the middle or just disconnect the old one, so EMGs are probably your best bet with the 18v mod.

Although passives are probably a better bet, I think you'll be satisfied with JB-59 or Custom Custom.

Where do you put the battery?
I was thinking :

Seymour Duncan Blackout AH-B1's on Bridge and Neck

and a Seymour Duncan AS-B1 in the middle.

Will that work?

I think there is some room in my volume box cavity to put a battery.
Quote by Tw8xy
Where do you put the battery?

Control Cavity.
There should be plenty of room, if not, it's not hard to make a compartment for a battery.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Sounds good to me. If you're gonna do that, I'd get some mini pots (25k) for extra space for the battery.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by WH15P3R

IDK if its and s2170 but the poplar burl top that i think is on there is supposed to be kinda bright so you might want85 SA and 60. but yea sd's in a s2170 good idea.
My Amp is a Kustom Quad 100 DFX

I don't know which S series my guitar is?

All I know is that its very thing , its has very pretty wavy inlays and its says made in korea.