What amp is better:

Fender super champ XD
Laney LC15

I'm going to buy a Zvex Box of Rock.

I play mostly metal and blues.

Cheers
Last edited by Jak Archer at Oct 29, 2008,
better is subjective bud. Amps also have different values depending on where you live.

i think the SuperChamp is going to struggle with metal.

Budget?
Home or Gig?
What kind of metal?
New or Used?
Closest major city?

blah bla blah
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
better is subjective bud. Amps also have different values depending on where you live.

i think the SuperChamp is going to struggle with metal.

Budget?
Home or Gig?
What kind of metal?
New or Used?
Closest major city?

blah bla blah

Budget - £200-£240
Gig
Soft metal/Classic Rock
New
London
^I think laney makes an amp that would suit you well, not sure on the models, but I'd check out the laney thread.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
gigging with that price point may be a stretch - so i'm suggesting you look at used gear. You'll get more bang for your buck.

what is soft metal?
Never heard of that.

I'm not too up on the Laneys so to Kevin's point go check out the 'So you liek Laneys' thread. Cube 60 might work if you can stretch you budget.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
gigging with that price point may be a stretch - so i'm suggesting you look at used gear. You'll get more bang for your buck.

what is soft metal?
Never heard of that.

I'm not too up on the Laneys so to Kevin's point go check out the 'So you liek Laneys' thread. Cube 60 might work if you can stretch you budget.

Yeah, laneys aren't really bountiful over here so I've never tried one and thus never felt like reading up on them.

I gotta agree with used gear. You might be able to get a valveking at that range, which wouldn't be too bad a choice. Cube 60 sounds good to.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
If you can stretch an extra £50 you could grab a Marshall DSL401. 40 watts of valve power, easily giggable, can do soft metal easily and classic rock it does alright (although it is pretty modern voiced, so don't expect a classic vintage warm thick tone from the overdrive channel). The cleans are great. Pretty bright. Brighter than most Marshall cleans.
Today I rang up allegro music and I currently have a credit note for a superchamp at allegro and I asked the dude at allegro if the Laney LC15 was any good and he said that it sounds just like the peavey valveking royal 8(which I took back because it sounded crap)
You should try it, your opinion is more important and you had the PV so you would know if what he said is true.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Why are you going to spend $200-$329 on a pedal to make a $500 dollar amp do what you want it to do when you can skip the pedal, put that money towards the amp. And get an amp tht does what your looking or without the pedal and better over all?

P.S. I know I listed it as dollars, ya still get the point...