Page 1 of 2
Round here people pay me £15 to put a custom firmware and occasionally a few emulators on their psp, and since I'm in need of a bit of money, I thought I'd advertise here.

I'll do it for £5 per psp, and any costs for shipping. So it's more like you send me your psp and £7, I'll provide a custom firmware and a few emulators/games if wanted, then send it back.

Dunno if this is against the rules, but I remember a guy offering to mod pedals a while ago, so I thought I'd try this.

I have a few mentions in the good trader thread, well before the new one came around anyway. Any questions, PM me.
what does custom firmware do??? whats the advantage over the one that's already on the psp?
Quote by jack_demo
what does custom firmware do??? whats the advantage over the one that's already on the psp?

Agreed I would like to know this as well, as far as emulators can I have any emulator or just some?
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Right, I'll try and list the best features.

• Allows downloading psp games from the internet
  • Allows homebrew to be downloaded
  • Emulators, pretty much any console upto ps1. Full ps1 support.
  • Extra features, options for 'recovery'

Copies this from yahoo questions

the advantages of custom firmware include.
running emulators for classic gaming machines. (everything for nintendo nes-n64 sega, neogeo,arcade, psx)
running custom made programs such as:
streaming media from your computers harddrive to psp over the internet (which is great if you have a small mem stick and want to watch a video on your harddrive)
watching youtube videos without converting or downloading them
playing full psp games off the mem stick.
customized icons/waves
ebook readers
pdf readers
pda applications that include-graphing calculator, planner, calender, alarm clock, notepad, word processor
universal remote application that allows you to control nearly all of your ir home theater equipment
the ability to make a battery that will unbrick your psp if you ever have problems with it.
This guy is for real aswell! Have dealt with him before and everything went to plan so hes not shady! Very trustworthy!
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
Quote by 666-JoE-666
This guy is for real aswell! Have dealt with him before and everything went to plan so hes not shady! Very trustworthy!

Cheers mate Just to let you know, most of the things listed in the bit I copied from yahoo is depending on you downloading the homebrew, it doesn't come with the psp. Basically you can just download games and emulators/applications.
is it true that only some version of firmware can be made to homebrew like if you have the later versions you cant do it?.
Quote by metalaxxe11
is it true that only some version of firmware can be made to homebrew like if you have the later versions you cant do it?.

It is partly true, yes, but I can install a custom firmware onto ANY psp with ANY firmware.
Since I found nothing illegal with your case,I open this thread.
Quote by zappp
emad I'm gonna ban you, seriously.
Quote by emad

Thankyou mate. Just to clear any confusion, I can provide any emulators you need, but I won't be providing the roms to go along with anything.
It's too bad you're in the UK, I'd send mine to you, then I might actually use it
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's too bad you're in the UK, I'd send mine to you, then I might actually use it

Well, it's up to you if you wanna work out the postage I never get bored of playing nintendo games on my psp, irony at it's best.
Quote by dandadog
Well, it's up to you if you wanna work out the postage I never get bored of playing nintendo games on my psp, irony at it's best.

Cant get much more Ironic than that!
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
Quote by Survivalism
I question the legality of this.

Thought I'd make this clear, having a custom firmware is not illegal.

I've had a few PM's asking about wether it can be done on certain firmwares, i can install the CFW on either a psp original or a psp slim, with any firmware. The firmware doesn't make any difference..
if only I had a psp........lol
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
if only I had a psp........lol

Well... There was a guy selling one for £60 on here.. You could buy that and have him send it my way before it gets to you...

Quote by emad

well tbh..i got banned for advertising 360 modding...
not being an arse but this is just as bad..basically lets you run downloaded psp games..
as does 360 modding
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Quote by dandadog
Thought I'd make this clear, having a custom firmware is not illegal.

I've had a few PM's asking about wether it can be done on certain firmwares, i can install the CFW on either a psp original or a psp slim, with any firmware. The firmware doesn't make any difference..

Maybe not, but isn't charging for a free thing rather shady? Besides, let's be honest, you wouldn't even need it if you weren't going to play downloaded games.
You're*
Quote by Survivalism
Maybe not, but isn't charging for a free thing rather shady? Besides, let's be honest, you wouldn't even need it if you weren't going to play downloaded games.

No, it isn't shady. Noone is paying for the actual firmware, they are paying for the knowledge to be able to get a custom firmware, and the time it takes to install and test it. The uses of a cfw are not just downloaded games, there is plenty of open source homebrew out there that is completely legal, being able to run BACKUPS of your games is just a bonus.

To the other guy, 360 modding is alot more risky, that can lead you go getting banned from live, and having a modded 360 doesn't provide much use other than piracy, whereas psp's do allow plenty of homebrew which increases the capacity of the console.
my 360 does homebrew only...

see i lied there..

my 360 is a pirate machine...no matter what..i only wanted it modded to play gta4 before i paid for it.
But still the only homebrew stuff...unless you write it...its crap :P

i use a hacked psp for laughs..to play all my older psx games..so i guess its legit.

not slamming you dude, fair enuf, earning some cash, but you should definately state that you do not endorse piracy on these machines..the way dark alex got free
Would you be able to sort the sound out on my psp for a bit more too, its kinda fxcked
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
lol jon..what have you done :O
speaker replacements are easy, just pop out, unsolder, reseat new ones and solder again... you can DIY man
Quote by fairycake92
my 360 does homebrew only...

see i lied there..

my 360 is a pirate machine...no matter what..i only wanted it modded to play gta4 before i paid for it.
But still the only homebrew stuff...unless you write it...its crap :P

i use a hacked psp for laughs..to play all my older psx games..so i guess its legit.

not slamming you dude, fair enuf, earning some cash, but you should definately state that you do not endorse piracy on these machines..the way dark alex got free

I'm still suprised Sony never offered dark alex enough to work for them.

To the other guy, I could do the speaker replacements, but I choose not too right now. It would void your warranty, and my knowledge of psp hardware is fairly low right now, however I will rip open my psp later and have a look for you. What exactly is wrong? Does it just not play any sound or is it muffled or what?
Sorry, let me rephrase that. I would be quite happy to do the speaker replacement, just let me take apart my psp and let me see what's what. From the first place I found that stocks the speakers they are 6 euros, although ebay is probably cheaper.
Danadog is a cool guy good dealer and friendly for those who are at all shady !
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
fill it with used condoms and a note that says

"Last night was amazing. I love you.

-Kurt"
Other guy has received the psp after I sent it back, forgot to post here. Doing this will unbrick your console if you have it bricked.
Quote by metalaxxe11
il get this off you when i replace the screen on mine

Sure. I can do screen replacements for extra.
free bump

custom firmware is greeeat lets you do sooo much more... like youtube n google maps xD
Quote by metalaxxe11
nah il replace the screen myself for 18 bucks

American? It'll be extremely expensive to send it over here..
see im kinda doing the same round here..but for like xbox360+ps3+psp... it opens alot up for you
Page 1 of 2