www.myspace.com/exiledexperiment

hey all, i played lead for these guys last summer, and we recorded a full version of one of our songs, check out Mercury, starts slow but picks up. The others are just rough demos really, cheers dudes.

PS. I think my intro tone sounds kinda weak, too much gain and not enough oomph. I'll prob rerecord it this christmas though.
Last edited by stephen_rettie at Oct 29, 2008,
Yeah that intro lead is definitely real thin. It's kind of interesting though, I think it works.

The real full stuff could use more mid and bass overall. Maybe it's just the recording quality. Do you know much about how it was mixed? I think you could use some more double-tracking and some panning tricks and stuff.

I love the vocals for the intro stuff. I think he could loosen up a bit more during the fuller stuff, sing louder.

Solo is solid, but boost those mids some more!

Overall, I really dig the song and concept. I think with a few tweaks and re-recording this would be awesome.

If you could look at "Can You Save Me" in my profile, that would be cool.
Quote by Jack Carver
Yeah that intro lead is definitely real thin. It's kind of interesting though, I think it works.

The real full stuff could use more mid and bass overall. Maybe it's just the recording quality. Do you know much about how it was mixed? I think you could use some more double-tracking and some panning tricks and stuff.

I love the vocals for the intro stuff. I think he could loosen up a bit more during the fuller stuff, sing louder.

Solo is solid, but boost those mids some more!

Overall, I really dig the song and concept. I think with a few tweaks and re-recording this would be awesome.

If you could look at "Can You Save Me" in my profile, that would be cool.

hey dude thank you! constructive crit at last! when i played the song live i rolled the volume on my guitar waaay back, which gave a very cool tone and seemed to fit more. The rhythm guitarist (greg) loves his treble and redid the EQ for himself, it sounded ok in person but i agree it, again, has no oomph, the bass is doing all the work.
for which section of the solo? or both?
thank you man.
i have to agree with jack,

a bit thin, but i like the overall concept.
too bad mr. carver said it all
the drums are perfect for this one and the intro picking is my favorite
my constructive critic would be: keep that picking around in the song (but i think thats my personal opinion)

crit me? http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/deburu/
thx in advance