Poll: Which one of these is a better band name?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one of these is a better band name?
Blood Commitee
2 5%
Cold Blood
10 27%
They both suck
25 68%
Voters: 37.
I'm in a thrash metal band and i was wondering how do we go about getting our first gig?

Also, which one of the two poll choices is a good name for our band?
metallica?
"I'm just looking for an angel with a broken wing"
-Jimmy Page

CAPTAIN OF PITTOWN AIRFORCE BASE

Quote by sglover34479
Okay ou are the official Airforce captain. Employ whoever the hell you want just check em in check with often rapings.

start off by practicing until you have 30 mins set, then go about your local town venues and ask if you could play one night
Quote by XGhacker
1) OMG THE LEAD SINGER OF IRON MAIDEN RAPES HIS SON!!!
Bruce Dick-in-son
are there any venues where you live?
do you have a demo recorded?
Quote by dfinch10
In Cold Blood would be sick. Like the Capote book

+ 1

' in cold blood ' would be better
JacK!
a demo is a must... then use myspace to find venues and promotion companys around where you live then take them demos and or use myspace to show your music to them and then people ask you to play shows.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by reesy
are there any venues where you live?
do you have a demo recorded?

No, we don't have a demo yet but there are a couple of pubs near us and a club where they play only metal and hard rock.
My band's first gig came about after the singer was talking to a drunk guy in a pub. Turns out he was the organiser of a local mini-festival and offered us a slot

That said, the singer was an idiot and didn't realise that we were hideously unprepared

The moral of the story is, don't let your singer do any of the work, and make sure everyone involved is sober at the time
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Quote by Perfection 101
My band's first gig came about after the singer was talking to a drunk guy in a pub. Turns out he was the organiser of a local mini-festival and offered us a slot

That said, the singer was an idiot and didn't realise that we were hideously unprepared

The moral of the story is, don't let your singer do any of the work, and make sure everyone involved is sober at the time

I sing and am one of the guitarists for the band
Quote by Steve5513
I sing and play the guitar for the band

OK, you're good to go
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Quote by the_white_bunny
a demo is a must... then use myspace to find venues and promotion companys around where you live then take them demos and or use myspace to show your music to them and then people ask you to play shows.

So, when i'm checking out venues how do i get i ask them to let us play? I was thinking i could give 'em a phone call, would that be ok?
you do two things,
1)not posting the same thread twice, because you already have a getting a gig on the front page,
and
2)putting you band name pool in the only band name sticky...notice the word only? It's after the ,and before band...
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by Perfection 101

I gotta say, our singer is the schmoozer of all time, drunk or not. If he talks to a club owner where he wants to play, we WILL play there. As they say, he could sell ice to an Eskimo. Obviously, though, not everyone has that skill...