I like rock, hard rock, alt. indie, blues etc... So nothing very distorted, most distorted is GN'R. What would be a nice tube amp for bedroom playing, probably imbetween so it is quiet enough for bedroom practice with the option of practice with friends later on?

I have looked at the Laney VC30 212, but that seems to suffer greatly from reliability issues.
I have also looked at the Orange TT Combo, but I am not currently sure if it is even in stock so I may not be able to buy that, I really need this for a weeks time hehe because it will be my BD.

So what other amps are worth considering?
Favourite bands for guitar are Muse, Guns n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage against the Machine and all that kind of stuff.

Thanks in advance
, TS, the title made me laugh. Good luck gettin a tube for that cheap! Seriously, they're always expensive, man!
:P I only need around 15 - 30 watts, so actually you can get them for that price! I'm just not sure what to look for!
Orange Tiny Terror!
It's the best you can get for that range, but it is an amazing amp for those bands.
I was going to get one but got a JCM 800 as a spur of the moment thing.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by rockhardmetal
, TS, the title made me laugh. Good luck gettin a tube for that cheap! Seriously, they're always expensive, man!

ya...lol!

there's plenty of tube amps available for that budget.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by rockhardmetal

i got a 100watt 70's fender twin twin reverb for £350 so dunno what your taling about
Quote by Hypnotisation
I cannot leave this thread alone. I cannot get over the sponsored fap. Out of curiosity, can i ask how your mum decided to pay for your fapping material? Why can't you just get it free? WHY?

Quote by Jericho114
Can you suck your own dick also?
well, here in the states, you can score a peavy classic 30 for about $400 US, but i've heard peavy in general is much more expensive anywhere else. try looking online for one used, and you might be able to find one. really nice sounding amp, distorts nicely on the 'dirty' channel, and has a nice breakup on the clean channel for blues or.. well, that's what i use it for. it takes pedals pretty well and is plenty loud, so i really have no gripes with mine, other than that i wish it had a little more gain sometimes, but that's what an EQ and distortion are for.

buy one!
i play noisy hardcore in the vein of coalesce interrupted by lots of isis-esque riffage and ambience, with a healthy dose of screamo dynamics ala funeral diner. it even sounds good sometimes!
Quote by rockhardmetal
Trolling or idiot?

The VC30 would do the tones you want, but it's big & loud. And a 212 is unnecessary, it's expensive and you might as well get the 112 if you get the VC30 to save money and generally have a more convenient amp in every way.

That said, it's still not gonna have good bedroom tone. Fact is it's gonna be hard to get a good, quiet bedroom tone from a tube amp.

With your budget I would buy a VC15, change the speaker to a Celestion G10 Greenback and buy a Weber attenuator. That'll give you enough volume for some live shows, sufficient volume for band practices, and allow you to get a nice bedroom tone too. And speakers work wonders.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Right now i know it's under your budget and only 5 watts but i played the orange AD5 and it's out of this world. For it's size and price it just blew me away.

However tiny terror or VC30 would be great but maybe too loud without an attenuator for bedroom practice.

X
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by Madsalty
Right now i know it's under your budget and only 5 watts but i played the orange AD5 and it's out of this world. For it's size and price it just blew me away.

However tiny terror or VC30 would be great but maybe too loud without an attenuator for bedroom practice.

X

Tiny terror can be used as 7w at the flick of a switch

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
Tiny terror can be used as 7w at the flick of a switch

I apologise i forgot about that, in which case the tiny terror is a good idea because then if you turn your hand to gigging you might have enough power for those first smaller gigs or even larger ones for that matter.

X

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by rockhardmetal

Don't know what rock you've been living under. :/

For the price you're asking, a Peavey Classic 30 would be the usual reccomendation.

But, you say you don't need much distortion, but you cite Muse and RATM as tonal influences. Muse often gets very fuzzed up, and RATM are pretty big on distortion sometimes.

Check the used market, as well; you're bound to find something.

And if you can't find a TT combo, you actually may well be able to stretch to a head and cab. Look harder!
Quote by MrCarrot
Trolling or idiot?

The VC30 would do the tones you want, but it's big & loud. And a 212 is unnecessary, it's expensive and you might as well get the 112 if you get the VC30 to save money and generally have a more convenient amp in every way.

That said, it's still not gonna have good bedroom tone. Fact is it's gonna be hard to get a good, quiet bedroom tone from a tube amp.

With your budget I would buy a VC15, change the speaker to a Celestion G10 Greenback and buy a Weber attenuator. That'll give you enough volume for some live shows, sufficient volume for band practices, and allow you to get a nice bedroom tone too. And speakers work wonders.

+1.
Listen to this man.

Btw, the switch on the TT to make it 7 watts doesn't do much - it's still REALLY loud even at 7 watts. Go ask Rob Chappers.

I say go for a VC15. Great amp IMO.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Madsalty
I apologise i forgot about that, in which case the tiny terror is a good idea because then if you turn your hand to gigging you might have enough power for those first smaller gigs or even larger ones for that matter.

X

You're forgiven

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by MrCarrot
(a) The VC30 would do the tones you want, but it's big & loud. And a 212 is unnecessary, it's expensive and you might as well get the 112 if you get the VC30 to save money and generally have a more convenient amp in every way.

(b) That said, it's still not gonna have good bedroom tone. Fact is it's gonna be hard to get a good, quiet bedroom tone from a tube amp.

(a) +1

(b) i dunno, i mean the vc15 is going to be loud too, why not just get the vc30 if you're suggesting getting an attenuator anyway? then if he ever does end up gigging, he's set for that too...

i mean, at the end of the day, if you need to get the volume down really low, you're probably not going to get cranked tube tone nomatter what you do (well, maybe if that powerscaling is any good, but i haven't tried it). but (assuming the money is available to go tube) i'd rather have a tube amp at low volume than a solid state...

agreed that 7 watts is still too loud for bedroom.

peavey classic 30 might be worth a look too- i prefer the laney, but the reliability would be a concern (not that the classic 30 might not be unreliable too, and i hear they aren't made in the USA anymore either)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thank you for all the comments, some people seem to have missed my concerns(first post^^) about there not being any stock, but it seems there are still at a lot of less known websites.

Has anyone had experience with either of these websites:

http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG02991
http://www.guitar.co.uk/special_offers/2168-orange_tiny_terror_combo_guitar_amplifier

thanks

EDIT: I just discovered a guy down the road is using a tiny terror combo for bedroom practice and doesn't have problems with it being too loud
Last edited by Notmewtwoguitar at Oct 29, 2008,
Quote by Notmewtwoguitar
Thank you for all the comments, some people seem to have missed my concerns(first post^^) about there not being any stock, but it seems there are still at a lot of less known websites.

Has anyone had experience with either of these websites:

http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG02991
http://www.guitar.co.uk/special_offers/2168-orange_tiny_terror_combo_guitar_amplifier

thanks

EDIT: I just discovered a guy down the road is using a tiny terror combo for bedroom practice and doesn't have problems with it being too loud

But don't be fooled even at 7 watts, cranked it'll be; very, very loud!

x

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S