Okay I've got both solos (Matt and Corey's) down pretty good. I just g2 work with comfortableness and speed but I can play it squeaky clean.

One part bothers me though and after I ripped out my 3rd scalp-full of hair out it occured to me.

During Matt's solo. THe part with all those fast bends. I can NEVER get it to sound like that but then it came to me: Did Matt use his Dunlop Crybaby over that?

That would explain a lot of my frustration.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3-myEdqPXlA

at which exact time on that vid? i listened to the whole solo, not entirely sure which bit you mean. sounds like a few bits might have a hint of a wah, but it's hard to tell...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3-myEdqPXlA

at which exact time on that vid? i listened to the whole solo, not entirely sure which bit you mean. sounds like a few bits might have a hint of a wah, but it's hard to tell...

About 2:41

I CANNOT get it to sound right when I play it.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Which strings are you bending, the B, the E or both?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
there might be a wee bit of wah in there. it's hard to tell with studio trickery. i guess, if you can make it sound more like that by using a wah, use a wah.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Which strings are you bending, the B, the E or both?

B

Although recently I've actually bended the 13th fret of the b string and playing the 15th fret instead of 10th fret of high E like my tab says.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
PLEASE help.

I'm dying over this solo.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Here's an idea for you.

If you have a Cry Baby, try it out over it.
I plugged in my cry baby and tried it over the bends... and it didn't sound that bad, but you don't want to sound exactly like them, you want your own sound.
So improvise, play with your settings :]

remember you have the backing power chords playing over it too, so that will contribute to some of the sound.
What tab are you going off of?
I've been learning this solo for a little while now, but I'm trying to do it all by ear. Also, I believe there is wah in that solo. Check out the live vid, the same one that's on the DVD that comes with ascendacys. That's the vid I go to if I feel I'm doing something wrong. You may be able to spot something he's doing that you're not.
I'm seriously gonna punch the nearest thing next to me in the face if I don't figure this solo out.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by caraluzzo
What tab are you going off of?
I've been learning this solo for a little while now, but I'm trying to do it all by ear. Also, I believe there is wah in that solo. Check out the live vid, the same one that's on the DVD that comes with ascendacys. That's the vid I go to if I feel I'm doing something wrong. You may be able to spot something he's doing that you're not.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/t/trivium/like_light_to_the_flies_guitar_pro.htm

This one I believe.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
I'm pretty sure that he uses a bit of wah there.
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
Quote by RoamingConflict
I'm pretty sure that he uses a bit of wah there.

But I never see Matt walk over to a pedal to do the solo live?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Well I can swear that I hear a little bit of wah there. Maybe he just doesn't use any live. I'd suggest just to try it with a pedal and then without and see which way you get the best results.
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
Quote by JilaX^
You have to include your E string on that. So you have to just hold the E, and bend the B string.

****ING A

GJDM

YOu saved me from snapping and likely killing someone

Thnx for the help everybody.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon: