What would you guys choose if you had the choice, A Jackson RR5 or a RR1T? I just need a second opinion on it, also why you choose it would be fantastic as well.
I'd go for the RR5. It's a better deal IMO.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
well, the RR1 is probably better, but it's a lot more expensive too... you kind of have to decide if it's worth the extra expense...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, I own an RR5 and it gets a big thumbs up from me. You've just got to look at the specified differences between the two and see if the price difference is worth it.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
The RR5 is top quality (see my sig).
If you've got buckets of money, go for the RR1T, just for the feeling of owning one, if not the RR5 is amazing!
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
Get the RR5. I have played one and it is a fantastic guitar.
BUT,
If you decide on the RR1T, IMO why not just get RR1 and get the Floyd Rose?
RR1>RR5

Offcourse it is.

You just need to find out if you want to pay 700$ extra for:
- a quartersawn maple neck (instead of a normal maple neck)
- ebony fretboard (instead of rosewood)
- jazz in neck instead of JB
- MOP inlays
- Maple top (on transparent finishes)
- Overall better quality woods
- Better craftmanship
- Made in USA on that headstock

I would. Its up to you.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL

I thought the JB was a bridge pickup only?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by LP_CL
RR1>RR5

Offcourse it is.

You just need to find out if you want to pay 700$ extra for:
- a quartersawn maple neck (instead of a normal maple neck)
- ebony fretboard (instead of rosewood)
- MOP inlays
- Maple top (on transparent finishes)
- Overall better quality woods
- Better craftmanship
- Made in USA on that headstock

exactly.

I should add though that it's only $700 more in the USA- here in the UK, for example, the R5 is around the £700-£800 mark ($1100-$1300 or so, i think), while the RR1 would set you back about twice as much (i.e. another £800 or $1300), even more for a fancy finish (I've seen the bog standard black one go for £1500).

So while it'd appear to be pretty clearcut in the USA (I agree with you, I'd probably pay another $700 too), in the UK it's not so clearcut.

Quote by aznrockerdude
I thought the JB was a bridge pickup only?

it is, that's the problem.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Very true but the price for a RR1T is like 2086 after taxes near me VS. The RR5 which is like less than 1000 on ebay. So it would almost be more price efficient to buy a RR5 and put the Seymour Duncan SH2N Jazz pickup in the neck.
Quote by O00Coolzero00O
Very true but the price for a RR1T is like 2086 after taxes near me VS. The RR5 which is like less than 1000 on ebay. So it would almost be more price efficient to buy a RR5 and put the Seymour Duncan SH2N Jazz pickup in the neck.

RR1's go for 1200 on ebay. Dont compare new prices with used prices, thats lame.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
^ yeah, that's true. if you'd be willing to buy the RR5 on ebay, why not the RR1? (well, unless you don't want to pay such a big sum on ebay, which i guess could be somewhat sensible)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Although the RR5 is a pretty good guitar for the price, I think it's one of the ugliest Jacksons I've seen. I can't stand all these fancy pinstripes, chrome shit and stuff. I'm not a fan of rosewood either, and it misses neckbinding.
ESP LTD M-400
Marshall JCM 800 2205 Halfstack
Dunlop Crybaby
Keeley BOSS SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ
iSP Decimator