Long story short,im plannin on buyin a Bc rich mockinbird st.Its a sweet lookin guitar but people say that i shud only get a custom built or one from the 80s and that the modern Bc rich guitars are terrible and have a bad production line.Is this true cos its puttin me off getin one!
Quote by gerardk
Long story short,im plannin on buyin a Bc rich mockinbird st.Its a sweet lookin guitar but people say that i shud only get a custom built or one from the 80s and that the modern Bc rich guitars are terrible and have a bad production line.Is this true cos its puttin me off getin one!

slash uses em ... they must be good!

flame shield!
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
You'll need to delete one of these threads. Click edit on your original post, and delete that.
^What?

From what I've seen, bc rich doesn't seem to make nice guitars.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Some of their older guitars like the ST-III's and the original Mockingbirds are decent, but IMO modern BC Rich is awful.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
Quote by Kevin Saale
^What?

From what I've seen, bc rich doesn't seem to make nice guitars.

I only agree in regards to Bronze/Platinum series guitars. If you get the expensive guys like the Draco you're getting a decent axe.

But who am I?
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
I've been eyeballing a Mockingbird ST as well.

You guys all fail at explaining WHY modern BC rich's are bad. Just saying they suck doesn't prove anything.. why don't you convince me to buy an ibanez or so?

I want a mockingbird ST as well, 24 frets, killer mockingbird look, and a floyd. What more could you ask?

I might have gone with an Ibanez S series but the only one i want is rare and hard to get. And all their RG series scream "Look at me, I'm a generic shredder I can play 596820 scales really fast"
Quote by injected
I've been eyeballing a Mockingbird ST as well.

You guys all fail at explaining WHY modern BC rich's are bad. Just saying they suck doesn't prove anything.. why don't you convince me to buy an ibanez or so?

I want a mockingbird ST as well, 24 frets, killer mockingbird look, and a floyd. What more could you ask?

I might have gone with an Ibanez S series but the only one i want is rare and hard to get. And all their RG series scream "Look at me, I'm a generic shredder I can play 596820 scales really fast"

Um, so you call us out for bashing a guitar and you proceed to do the same, hmmmmm, hmmmmm. Not that I'm a fan of ibanezs, but lets cut the hypocrisy down a smidge

I've never seen or tried one of their higher end guitars, nor would I be interested with in a guitar with such a unappealing (to me atleast) shape. Having played their lower end stuff I can say they aren't very nice and most are sold based on the shape.
Quote by injected

They aren't well made. Explain to me why a Marshall MG is bad? Compare a BC Rich Bronze "Warlock," to a Gibson Custom Les Paul Zakk Wylde edition.
Quote by sargasm
I'm not calling anybody out for bashing a guitar, by all means it's a good thing even sometimes. You guys just don't really give a reason at all.. besides personal preference

and yes, lower end BC rich's do in fact suck. But their $400-500 and up guitars are on par with similar shecters and ibanez's of the same price range..

Quote by `digitaL.braVo
They aren't well made. Explain to me why a Marshall MG is bad? Compare a BC Rich Bronze "Warlock," to a Gibson Custom Les Paul Zakk Wylde edition.

Marshall mg's sound horrible because a) they're not even made by marshall and b) you can actually hear the difference

Alot of the quality of a guitar is how you feel it.. intonation, extra features like tuners, neck thru's, etc..

And like I said I very much agree that anything <$400 BC rich is absolutely horrible..

But the mockingbird is one of their better guitars in my opinion.. I can't think of anything wrong with it
Last edited by injected at Oct 29, 2008,
Quote by injected
I'm not calling anybody out for bashing a guitar, by all means it's a good thing even sometimes. You guys just don't really give a reason at all.. besides personal preference

and yes, lower end BC rich's do in fact suck. But their $400-500 and up guitars are on par with similar shecters and ibanez's of the same price range..

Fair enough, I just assumed the mockingbird was one of their cheapies, I stand corrected. I have heard their higher end guitars are better, but I can't personally comment.
Quote by injected

You did exactly what you implied was unfair to BC Rich guitars. No reason given.

Thanks for playing?
Quote by sargasm
BC rich guitars, save the high end ones
1. neck feels shitty (cheap, hard to intonate because it just like...dies.)
2. electronics suck
3. not durable at all (had a friend broke the horns off of 2 of them, dropped from a low height)
4. tuners SUCK. even though it's replaceable.

These are based on first hand experiences.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
You did exactly what you implied was unfair to BC Rich guitars. No reason given.

Thanks for playing?

well i assumed you know what i was talking about already,, horrible intonation, mostly all agathis wood, they come out of tune very often

see above post 2 as well
If your gonna knock the mockingbird ST then your pretty stupid. Their new lower end ones everyone agrees they are clearly garbage. I have a bronze series mockingbird made in 2000-its red and I only paid 100$ for it, and that pretty much saves it. The tuners are fine (however still kinda crappy so I was thinking about slapping some gotohs on) the neck is nice and fast, and plays well. It doesn't sound too bad at all. But back to the ST, it's made out of nato wood which is alot like mahogany (gibson makes les pauls out of mahogany I dont see people knocking them) and ebony fretboard, which is awesome no matter what guitar its on, good gotohs, a killer finish, supposed good pickups (but their always changeable) and an OFR. This is a guitar that can do some serious shred, and looks awesome. I'm tempted to add an ST to my collection because of how nice my older low end BC rich is.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
I only agree in regards to Bronze/Platinum series guitars. If you get the expensive guys like the Draco you're getting a decent axe.

But who am I?

The expensive ones (Mockingbird ST-expensive) still feel pretty bad in my experience.
Quote by milkmanv1
If your gonna knock the mockingbird ST then your pretty stupid. Their new lower end ones everyone agrees they are clearly garbage. I have a bronze series mockingbird made in 2000-its red and I only paid 100$ for it, and that pretty much saves it. The tuners are fine (however still kinda crappy so I was thinking about slapping some gotohs on) the neck is nice and fast, and plays well. It doesn't sound too bad at all. But back to the ST, it's made out of nato wood which is alot like mahogany (gibson makes les pauls out of mahogany I dont see people knocking them) and ebony fretboard, which is awesome no matter what guitar its on, good gotohs, a killer finish, supposed good pickups (but their always changeable) and an OFR. This is a guitar that can do some serious shred, and looks awesome. I'm tempted to add an ST to my collection because of how nice my older low end BC rich is.

Don't judge a guitar based on specs. Mahogany can sound awful.
Very true, I want to try one out but no one around here has one, Ebony fretboards are still awesome though.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
It's been my experience that people who own B.C. Rich guitars are the ones who want to look like they can shred.

Those who can shred buy real guitars.

Seriously...have you ever met anyone with a B.C. Rich that could play anything besides muted E ? I've yet to meet one...
Quote by GitfiddleNinjer
It's been my experience that people who own B.C. Rich guitars are the ones who want to look like they can shred.

Seriously...have you ever met anyone with a B.C. Rich that could play anything besides muted E ? I've yet to meet one...

Just conveniently ignore Rob Marcello.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TSHt8L6c-uU
Quote by GitfiddleNinjer

Uh well I guess I haven't met him, but Pat O'Brien from Cannibal Corpse plays a custom 7-string V from BC Rich. So what does that say?
Quote by sargasm
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
Uh well I guess I haven't met him, but Pat O'Brien from Cannibal Corpse plays a custom 7-string V from BC Rich. So what does that say?

Muted B
Lol!

Bb =D They tune either a half or full step down.
Quote by sargasm
Quote by Horlicks
Just conveniently ignore Rob Marcello.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TSHt8L6c-uU

meet1 /mit/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[meet] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, met, meet·ing, noun
–verb (used with object)
1. to come upon; come into the presence of; encounter: I would meet him on the street at unexpected moments.
2. to become acquainted with; be introduced to: I've never met your cousin.
3. to join at an agreed or designated place or time: Meet me in St. Louis.
4. to be present at the arrival of: to meet a train.
5. to come to or before (one's notice, or a means of noticing, as the eyes or ears): A peculiar sight met my eyes.
6. to come into the company of (a person, group, etc.) in dealings, conference, etc.
7. to face, eye, etc., directly or without avoidance.
8. to come into physical contact, juxtaposition, or collision with: The two cars met each other head-on at high speed.
9. to encounter in opposition, conflict, or contest: Harvard meets Yale next week in football.
10. to oppose: to meet charges with countercharges.
11. to cope or deal effectively with (an objection, difficulty, etc.).
12. to comply with; fulfill; satisfy: to meet a deadline; to meet a demand.
13. to pay in full: How will you meet expenses?
14. to come into conformity with (wishes, expectations, views, etc.).
15. to encounter in experience: to meet hostility.
–verb (used without object)
16. to come together, face to face, or into company: We met on the street.
17. to assemble for action, conference, or other common purpose, as a committee, legislature, or class: The board of directors will meet on Tuesday.
18. to become personally acquainted.
19. to come into contact or form a junction, as lines, planes, or areas: The two lines meet to form an angle.
20. to be conjoined or united.
21. to concur or agree.
22. to come together in opposition or conflict, as adversaries or hostile forces.
Quote by GitfiddleNinjer
meet1 /mit/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[meet] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, met, meet·ing, noun
–verb (used with object)
1. to come upon; come into the presence of; encounter: I would meet him on the street at unexpected moments.
2. to become acquainted with; be introduced to: I've never met your cousin.
3. to join at an agreed or designated place or time: Meet me in St. Louis.
4. to be present at the arrival of: to meet a train.
5. to come to or before (one's notice, or a means of noticing, as the eyes or ears): A peculiar sight met my eyes.
6. to come into the company of (a person, group, etc.) in dealings, conference, etc.
7. to face, eye, etc., directly or without avoidance.
8. to come into physical contact, juxtaposition, or collision with: The two cars met each other head-on at high speed.
9. to encounter in opposition, conflict, or contest: Harvard meets Yale next week in football.
10. to oppose: to meet charges with countercharges.
11. to cope or deal effectively with (an objection, difficulty, etc.).
12. to comply with; fulfill; satisfy: to meet a deadline; to meet a demand.
13. to pay in full: How will you meet expenses?
14. to come into conformity with (wishes, expectations, views, etc.).
15. to encounter in experience: to meet hostility.
–verb (used without object)
16. to come together, face to face, or into company: We met on the street.
17. to assemble for action, conference, or other common purpose, as a committee, legislature, or class: The board of directors will meet on Tuesday.
18. to become personally acquainted.
19. to come into contact or form a junction, as lines, planes, or areas: The two lines meet to form an angle.
20. to be conjoined or united.
21. to concur or agree.
22. to come together in opposition or conflict, as adversaries or hostile forces.

Let me rephrase:
Quote by Horlicks
Conveniently ignore everyone you haven't met yet.