Okay so i got a bunchof new picks, the red jazz 3, the jazz 3 xl, the gator gip 1.5 m, and the 1.0 m stubby. I was looking for a replacement for my tortex 1.0m's which were too big but i don't like any of the ones i got.

The jazz 3 is too small and has bad grip when doing chords and stuff, the xl is just kind of clunky, the gator grip feels like and oar, and the stubby is like the jazz 3 but with worse grip.

I was wondering if there was something like the jazz three only with better grip and was a bit bigger but not as big as the xl, gator, or tortex.

Also, what are the pros/cons to having a pointy tip like the jazz 3's as opposed to a rounded one like the tortex's?
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by JWD32792
Okay so i got a bunchof new picks, the red jazz 3, the jazz 3 xl, the gator gip 1.5 m, and the 1.0 m stubby. I was looking for a replacement for my tortex 1.0m's which were too big but i don't like any of the ones i got.

The jazz 3 is too small and has bad grip when doing chords and stuff, the xl is just kind of clunky, the gator grip feels like and oar, and the stubby is like the jazz 3 but with worse grip.

I was wondering if there was something like the jazz three only with better grip and was a bit bigger but not as big as the xl, gator, or tortex.

Also, what are the pros/cons to having a pointy tip like the jazz 3's as opposed to a rounded one like the tortex's?

in my experience, when you start using a new pick, it takes time to get used to the feel, but you will eventually.

edit: sorry read it wrong. if you didnt see the last sentence before i edited it out i made a comment about one of the picks but i read it wrong
Quote by freddaahh
I just head-desked so hard I went through the floor and came out in Mongolia.
I tried some fenders when i was starting, they wore down really fast and had bad grip, my fingers sweet just enough for the pick to slide
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Stubbies are awful to grip if your fingers sweat at all. I found myself filing them and tieing elastic bands to them to get some more friction.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by rockhardmetal
This is why I jus buy Fender heavy picks. No frills. Jus simple heavy pickin action.

Yep. They're "heavy pickin' good".
Quote by JWD32792

There isn't anything made by Dunlop that is 'in between' sizes, but there are jazz picks made with different materials. Try to find Tortex Jazz IIIs (pitch-blacks are bigger than normal Jazz III's) or Ultex Jazz IIIs.

And the pros are faster and cleaner fast-picked runs, I can't really describe it, but it's just better for tremolo picking and what not.

Also, I think Fender makes some Jazz shaped picks.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I use primarily Jazz III's for my electric guitar, If I don't have any Jazz III's I use these green Dunlop 1.5 mm with an alligator on them, for strumming I use nylon picks below 1 mm.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
3mm Stubbys are my favourite. Once you get used to a really thick pick, you cant go back to little flimsy ones. They work OK for chords if you just loosen your grip a bit. They are amazing for metal lead playing. A really thick tone.
Quote by Rock In Rio
Dunlop FTMFW
Dickies FTMFL

Ummmm...... THIS.

Wait.... Dosent Dickies make clothes too??
^ Hell yeah man, green .88 tortex's are the shit, orange .67s are good too! PG uses em
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Have you considered V-Picks? The 'Small Pointed' sounds perfect for you. Slightly bigger than the Jazz III. Amazing grip.

http://www.v-picks.com/

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.