Ok, so my band is a dual lead band:

I'm the 1st lead, and I'm a really bluesy guitarist, like blues/rock like zeppelin. The other guitarist is really thrashy like metallica sorta. I've heard him play and he's heard me play, and we both think each other are good, and the singer and bassist have each heard us both play, and think we're both good, but us two lead guitarists have never jammed together for some reason.

Do you guys think the dual thrash/blues will sound good?

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention that we won't be playin the same exact thing or the same thing to an interval either, we'll each be playin diff. things

Plus, the bass line is gonna be more on the bluesy side too, but not base notes an actual bass line lol cuz i hate it when it does base notes it just sounds plain, but unless the song is more thrashy it mite go with the other guitarist.
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
Last edited by Corruption at Oct 29, 2008,
look up metallica...oh wait...
Quote by gun4hire
ugh, you cant rape someone with a pineapple because that would assume that someone doesnt want to have sex with a pineapple, which is impossible

Quote by Jackal58
Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
Especially an ignorant law.
possibly, but their is a good likelihood that it will sound crappy unless yall jam together a lot and really work at it
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
possibly, but their is a good likelihood that it will sound crappy unless yall jam together a lot and really work at it

we're gonna practice about 5 hours a day in 10th grade after drop out

Quote by VortexOfSouls
Bluesy thrash metal? Sounds cool and it might just work.

thanks!
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
Good musicians who share chemistry are FAR AND AWAY more important than choosing some bullshit genre to label yourselves as.
Quote by Philbigtime
Good musicians who share chemistry are FAR AND AWAY more important than choosing some bullshit genre to label yourselves as.

wow how is a genre labeling yourself?

and i'm not labeling myself I'm just askin if u guys think it would sound good
Quote by IDread

Quote by RIPKurt67-94

I hijacked this!
Quote by Corruption
wow how is a genre labeling yourself?

and i'm not labeling myself I'm just askin if u guys think it would sound good

Putting yourself in a genre is the VERY DEFINITION of labeling yourself. All I'm saying is that you should play with these guys. If it sounds good, then it sounds good. If it doesn't, then it doesn't. It doesn't get much simpler than that.
Isn't thrash metal already raping blues scales + pentatonics? Take a look at Dave Mustaine, Kirk Hammett and I think the dude from Testament does it a bit too.

I dunno, thrash got its stuff from blues rock bands like Black Sabbath and Led Zepplin.

Anyway, it should be good as long as you both dont try to steal the show... and avoid the always possible volume war. Happy playing
Kind of makes me think of the Crossroads Guitar Duel.

Go for it.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
I think having different styles will help you sound more unique.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
I think it'd work.
Actually, the band we were getting together last year had kind of the same thing going on. I think it would have worked well, but the whole thing kinda fell apart. I still keep in contact with that guitarist, because after we were already jamming and had stuff going, I found out he's a cousin of mine and I just hadn't known that side of my family.

We're still trying to get something going, so we jam pretty often. Give it a shot, if it works then good. If it dosn't, then just find other people to jam with.
Quote by Philbigtime
Putting yourself in a genre is the VERY DEFINITION of labeling yourself. All I'm saying is that you should play with these guys. If it sounds good, then it sounds good. If it doesn't, then it doesn't. It doesn't get much simpler than that.

haha whatever...

Quote by alter bridge
I think having different styles will help you sound more unique.

thanks
Quote by IDread

Quote by RIPKurt67-94

I hijacked this!