Hey pit, I've got a problem. My laptop broke the other day, and my power supply (which works fine, I tested it) won't charge my battery. It woks fine other than this, but it will take about $300-$400 to fix my laptop, which I don't want to do. Is there an adapter out there that I can get that will let me hook up my power supply directly to my battery? any help would be appreciated.

Laptop model No: MT6707

Battery Model No: 3UR18650F-2-QC-MA1
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
Well, if you're too lazy to fix it, you have only 1 choice left. PLUG it into the wall. And, yes, ya won't be able to take it with you.
Quote by rockhardmetal
Well, if you're too lazy to fix it, you have only 1 choice left. PLUG it into the wall. And, yes, ya won't be able to take it with you.

That's my problem. When my laptop is plugged into the wall, it won't charge. But my battery and power supply both work fine. So, I need a way to bypass the laptop, and plug my battery straight into my power supply.

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
Change the battery?

EDIT: Sry misread.

Get it repaired or buy a new one(can be cheaper than repair)
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Last edited by DirtyMakik at Oct 29, 2008,
Quote by black007hawk2
That's my problem. When my laptop is plugged into the wall, it won't charge. But my battery and power supply both work fine. So, I need a way to bypass the laptop, and plug my battery straight into my power supply.

That's y I said you won't be able to take it with you! So, go spend $$$.
Quote by DirtyMakik
Change the battery?

My battery works fine!

Edit: Ok, but I really don't want to go that route.

Quote by rockhardmetal
That's y I said you won't be able to take it with you! So, go spend $$$.

I know that. But I can't locate something that would let me charge my battery.I can't find anything on the internet for something like that.

Quote by solidgay

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
Ok, if anybody was unsure, this is what I'm talking about:

http://store.jcbarn.com/exbachsforbm3.html

I want that minus the power adapter (the big black box). Just the wire that hooks up to the battery.

Quote by solidgay

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
Quote by black007hawk2
Hey pit, I've got a problem. My laptop broke the other day, and my power supply (which works fine, I tested it) won't charge my battery. It woks fine other than this, but it will take about $300-$400 to fix my laptop, which I don't want to do. Is there an adapter out there that I can get that will let me hook up my power supply directly to my battery? any help would be appreciated.

Laptop model No: MT6707

Battery Model No: 3UR18650F-2-QC-MA1

Exact thing happened with my laptop
It's something like, the part that actually takes the charge from the power supply got moved from the plug being pushed in at an angle, and it got pushed too far back for the plug to reach it.
I don't know if that's a good explanation but I'd say it's worth it to get it fixed.
My dad tried fixing mine and took it apart to replace the part but he said in most laptops you have to basically dissassemble and reassemble it and then he couldn't find a manual or diagram of it so he couldn't put it back together ..sucks
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by gucio93
Exact thing happened with my laptop
It's something like, the part that actually takes the charge from the power supply got moved from the plug being pushed in at an angle, and it got pushed too far back for the plug to reach it.
I don't know if that's a good explanation but I'd say it's worth it to get it fixed.
My dad tried fixing mine and took it apart to replace the part but he said in most laptops you have to basically dissassemble and reassemble it and then he couldn't find a manual or diagram of it so he couldn't put it back together ..sucks

Yeah, I might rip it apart and see if I can get it fixed. But a family member of mine who has the same model laptop has the exact same problem, and when she got it diagnosed, the people at the store said that the problem lied within the motherboard, and that it would need to be replaced. Does anyone think that this might be the problem?

Quote by KenMasters

NAAAAAAAAAAT

laptops aren't supposed to last forever...

sorry tho

Lol, yes they don't last forever, but they need to last for more than a year!

Quote by solidgay

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth