I was just wondering, do the elements unununium, ununquadium, etc. have an actual name or are they yet to be named?

Also, are the spaces left down near the elements with an atomic number of 100 or higher available for other elements that haven't been discovered?

I know that those elements (ex. unununium) are discovered from chemists doing experiments and end up having product of radioactive elements that only last for a pico or nanosecond.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
I think they're waiting to recreate them before actually naming them.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
well i can't remember it exactly.. but it is something with that elements above the number 90 or about there is not found on earth.. so well.. more could be added if they where found.. or observed via a spectrum analysis..
Well, they need to make sure they last long nough that the scientists can prove they can see the elements.
Quote by VortexOfSouls
I was just wondering, do the elements unununium, ununquadium, etc. have an actual name or are they yet to be named?

Also, are the spaces left down near the elements with an atomic number of 100 or higher available for other elements that haven't been discovered?

I know that those elements (ex. unununium) are discovered from chemists doing experiments and end up having product of radioactive elements that only last for a pico or nanosecond.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Those are experimental elements, as in they've only existed in a lab for a very short amount of time.
Until they can be recreated with stability they'll remain unknowns.

Also, I'm pretty sure we can synthesize an unlimited number of elements, all those unknown ones aren't naturally occuring, and there's plenty more that only exist for milliseconds inside stars, etc.
Chemistry is crazy dude.
this is not chemistry this is physics.. core physics.. in chemistry you only look upon interactions between elements.. not very much the elements themselves.. uhh by the way is CERN soon repaired?
....don't we have a Science thread?
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.