Whats the difference between a
1.Les Paul Standard
2.Les Paul Standard Plus
3.Les paul Studio?
Hardware, pups, necks, bridges. Probably best to check the specs gibson provides.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
They have different patterns of wood and finishes also to add to Kevin Saale's post

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

the studio doesnt have binding, or flashy stuff, the standard does, and so does the standard plus, but the standard plus has either a quilted or flame maple top, i cant remember
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Pretty much Standard plus > Standard > Studio
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Quote by ihavenoname93
the studio doesnt have binding, or flashy stuff, the standard does, and so does the standard plus, but the standard plus has either a quilted or flame maple top, i cant remember

Binding?
Quote by gerardk
Binding?

See the stripped down wood on the side? That looks white-ish Binding.

Or on a finished guitar:

The white/cream-ish stuff around the outside.
The white trim around the edge of the guitar.

Like this one you can see it on the body.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
There is no difference they all suck.

jkjk, studio is supposed to be the same without the looks, but really its just a guitar with crap components and woods.
The standard has slightly better pickups and tuners, maybe better woods, and a maple cap(which is prolly not thick at all).

The standard plus, has stuff like flame maple tops, it is the "plus top"
The Standard is the best deal. I'd go used though, Gibson is price-raping Epi as of recent - I bought my standard for $399, now they're $549 for the same model. I could buy a set of duncans and still beat the price! No epi LP's have a true maple top, only a veneer- all except the Slash Gold top.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Oct 29, 2008,
Quote by yoyodunno
I thought they sometimes put alder tops instead of maple, do u kno if it's true?

Dunno, don't think so
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
The Standard is the best deal. I'd go used though, Gibson is price-raping Epi as of recent - I bought my standard for $399, now they're $549 for the same model.

Well, now a Standard Plus top goes for $649, and a Custom goes for $799 on musiciansfriend.....I think that's a result of the economy. A devalued dollar means that it costs "more" to pay for overseas labor. So you're paying the same as you would a year ago on the world market, but you're paying more in U.S. dollars because more are needed to even out the exchange rate overseas. Hope that makes sense.
'Cause I have done it before and I will do it some more....