I was thinking about either getting a Fulltone OCD or a custom TS clone for my Hot Rod Deluxe, and then later get a modded DS-1 or something, but now Ive found the visual sounds jekyll and hyde that does both for the same price....

would i be loosing significant amounts of quality if i did this? or would this be just as good?
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
The fulltone or a modded ts9 would be a much higher quality pedal, but the jekly and hyde is supposed to be good for what it is.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I have a similar question and i think it contributes to your topic lol i have a blues junior (very similar amp) and an OCD and i love what it does but i maybe want a little bit heavier of a sound do you guys recommend any distortion pedals or doing something like trading in the OCD for a J&H?
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
*sigh* thats wat i thought...im going to be selling my ME-50 soon so that i can start getting individual pedals. Unfortunately, individual pedals that do what i want are pricey...oh well, ill just buy stuff slowly
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by patrickrh
I have a similar question and i think it contributes to your topic lol i have a blues junior (very similar amp) and an OCD and i love what it does but i maybe want a little bit heavier of a sound do you guys recommend any distortion pedals or doing something like trading in the OCD for a J&H?

Depends, what do you typically play? I'd say keep the OCD and save up for an amp suited for heavier music or a nice distortion pedal.

TS: That really is the best route, no sense in buying a bunch of mediocre pedals when you could have a few outstanding ones.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by patrickrh

you can always do what i play on doing and wait and buy a keeley DS-1 after you get the money.

personally, if the OCD is amazing as it seems to be i would never sell that thing. maybe try putting a signal booster in front of it? or just an entry level TS?
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by Kevin Saale

TS: That really is the best route, no sense in buying a bunch of mediocre pedals when you could have a few outstanding ones.

yea, thats what im realizing, and thats also why i have my hot rod now instead of a peavey valveking. its going to take A LOT longer to do, but heck, its not like i'm going to suddenly drop guitar, an if i do, my stuff will sell better anyway.
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional