Hey i was planning on buying a John Frusciante album sometime soon, but i also want to get into some relatively new artists (known or unkown) since it seems that not many new artists make the kind of music i like anymore and its tough for me to find new artists and i really dont know why. I'd like it if i could find a good classic sounding band

I like AC/DC, The White Stripes, The Raconteurs, Led Zeppelin, Wolfmother, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jimi Hendrix, Kiss, Pearl Jam, Black Sabbath, and sometimes Nirvana... you know that kind of music. Nothing too modern or heavy sounding like bands like hinder, breaking benjamin, crossfade, saving able, 3 doors down, 3 days grace, etc. I would like it if there was some cool guitar parts in them.

So if anyone could make any suggestions of a band and what albums they recommend that would be great. Thanx a lot!!
Epiphone LP Cust. w/ SD '59 neck and Cust. 5 bridge
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
ElectroHarmonix Small Clone
We roll tonight, To the guitar bite
How about Spritual Beggars? Damn cool stoner rock band! Catchy as hell!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSNMYNpxXIo Simple and catchy.

Another song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKJ93KIjl1Q&feature=related
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
so you want to know modern rock bands that do not sound modern? maybe jet or buckcherry.. i cant really think of anything else right now
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
You'll definitely like the Black Keys. They're a blues/garage rock two-man band, kinda like the white stripes. Try "attack and release" or "rubber factory"
check out:

kings of leon- to be specific, judging by your taste, listen to the album "youth and young manhood."
the black angels- really dark but not as heavy, kind of like sabbath at their most psychadelic. they make me want to go back in time to the 70's and make horrible decisions at a festival.
the black keys- blues rock.
blitzen trapper- preferably "wild mountain nation". they're like white stripes + skynard + the butthole surfers.
king crimson- been around for forever, but check them out if you haven't heard them yet.
try to listen to a group called "the muslims" too if you can find anything by them, but good luck.
everything in your modern list is trash, it's commendable that you don't want to listen to them.
Quote by transplants182
try Airbourne if you like AC/DC

Why listen to a terrible knockoff when you can have the real thing?

Also, go to the recommendation thread.
Spiritual Beggars? I'll look those guys up. Yeah i listen to some airbourne and they're alright. I am into the black keys, i like those guys a lot. And i said new bands, new bands dont neccessarily have to sound modern but i do like jet a lot but im not a big fan of buckcherry. And thanx for that list of artists alexander (would you recommend any specific album by the black angels?) and i will goldmember. Thanx for the replies every1!!
Epiphone LP Cust. w/ SD '59 neck and Cust. 5 bridge
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
ElectroHarmonix Small Clone
We roll tonight, To the guitar bite