Which one is a better overall in like sound, reliability/durable, and etc. I want to learn how to play Canon Rock the one played by Funtwo and composed by Jerry C. I already know what amp to get from my other topic which is going to be a Roland Micro Cube. Which one of the guitar is the best in your opinion guys XP.
Thanks
Depends on the Strat.
Squier, or Fender?
HSS, HH, H, or SSS?
Made in Mexico, Japan or America?
What series?

Off the bat, I'll say the G400 is one of the best guitars you can get for that price. They have insane potential to be kickass guitars, kinda like the Epiphone Les Paul Standards/Customs.
Few mods, and you have yourself a great little axe.
Member of the Laney Cult
Originally Posted by JaykeSucks
Depends on the Strat.
Squier, or Fender?
HSS, HH, H, or SSS?
Made in Mexico, Japan or America?
What series?

Which one is the best one to go with?
Totally your preference. Play around with some guitars that have singles versus humbuckers to get an idea of which YOU prefer. A classic strat is SSS, which gives plenty of tone shaping options, but personally I like to be able to add the humbucker in to give the tone some girth, so I'd go with the HSS strat. Fender Mexican standard strats are probably plenty good for your price range, and they're pretty reliable and playable.
hss strat is probaly the best guitar but u shouldnt be trying just to recreate one tone
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
the epic question fender or gibson
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
Quote by Korea Rocks
Which one is a better overall in like sound, reliability/durable, and etc. I want to learn how to play Canon Rock the one played by Funtwo and composed by Jerry C. I already know what amp to get from my other topic which is going to be a Roland Micro Cube. Which one of the guitar is the best in your opinion guys XP.
Thanks

You better fucking play the one by mattrach.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Just from my experiences playing off-the-wall models of both at Guitar Center, the Strat seems to be the better guitar of the two, on average.
Both are pretty evenly matched. I assume you're talking about a Mexican-made Fender Strat and a new Chinese-made G-400. You really need to try them both out. Some (this goes for both models) can be unusually great, but others can also be unusually bad.

Also, they've got two quite different feels. The G-400 is going to be neck-heavy, have a deeprr, thicker sound, and is 24.75" scale. The Strat is going to be a little lighter, arguably slightly worse high fret access, has the vibrato bridge and is 25.5" scale. They're pretty much as different as you can possibly get...
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
What are the pros and cons for both guitars? Which one of them is easier to tune and stay in tune longer? What are the types that I could play (genre). I'm going to a guitar store in 2 weeks so I want to know some stuff before going.

Thanks
They are both great guitars, the fender mim strat(which is the one im guessing your talking about seeing they have similar pricing) is a great versatile guitar. As an owner of a g-400, they are also really great guitars, though they are a little neck heavy, but still a great guitar.

It really comes down to your preference, you can't go wrong with either for what you pay.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Strat -
For:
Versatile, comfortable, a classic, great sound, and the Fender name (seriously; you can't say this about all big names (Marshall, we're looking at you) but Fender are very consistent in quality, even if it's MIM)
Against:
Nothing intrisically wrong with it, although one could argue it's a bit unexceptional and conservative

G-400
No opinion - never played one
started out as a plain MIM strat

installed an BWB Pick Guard and back plate

Neck SD Alnico Pro II

Middle SD Custom SSL-6

Bridge Dimarzio "Fred"

upgraded tuners

now she screams

Wait one more thing? Would I have to mod the Epiphone G-400 or Fender Standard HSS Stratocaster to make it sound better? If so which one do you think is has a better sound becuase I cant afford another $100+ for like pickups and humbuckers and such. I'm only 14 lol.
for now it will do good, later down the line when you get better guitars putting in new pickups would be great, but the stock pickups on both are pretty good if you dont plan on replacing them anytime soon
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
both these companies are all about the name, get an esp or an ibanez, an esp if you want a mean sound, with emgs, and more frets than a crappy fender.
I have a g-400. Its nice, only paid 300 (its a faded so its 100 less, but same spec minus paint job). I love it. looks beautiful. the pickups are good enough to last until you decide you enw ones, but they are ok. Its neck heavey, but its not really much of a problem. It can play metal and blues. The blues would be better played on the strat, but the bridge pickup isn't as good as the g-400 bridge pickup, but the strat is more versatile than the g-400. I personnally don't like the look of a strat. The strat has a tremelo, therefore it would go out of tune faster and harder to restring. also the g-400 have a darker tone because its mahogany. but you need to try it out for yourself.