Page 1 of 2
Hey Pit,
after contemplating it, i have decided to give away my christmas to charity, i came to this because i do not need anything, nor do i want anything and i would only be asking for something for the sake of christmas, when there are people who need it much more than me,

My question is

What Charity Should I Give It Away To? (It is going to be around £300-£400 in cash)

I have a few in mind but more options would be helpful, thanks

EDIT : so far unprivaleged kids at christmas is probally the one most likely, does anybody have any specific organizations?

EDIT : i might not be able to get all the money before christmas, which i would need to if it would go to unprivaleged kids at christmas,

being a bit of a hypochondriac iv thought about what it would be like to have cancer, having cancer is bad enough, but having beofre your life even starts is even worse, so im thinking the most likely option is Teen Cancer Trust

that or Water Aid, i hear they do alot of good stuff and not only cure but prevent

keep the suggestions coming though
Last edited by guio/billie-joe at Oct 29, 2008,
Anyone deserving.

I don't celebrate christmas anymore. Don't see the point. I;d rather just be with my family and enjoy the atmosphere of contentment.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Give it to Oblivion_Rps sam b

I He could use that money alot.

aw..
ill pm u my house address.
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
You should donate it to a local charity.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Good. Bein a philanthropist is good for your health. Give it to the lil underpriveleged kids society.
how about an environmental group?
Quote by Pyrofretnic
Remember kids, solid state half stack=penis extension.

Quote by PatchworkMan
I have no idea when the world is going to end, and anyone who says he does is a cook.

Quote by smb
Those chefs can't be trusted.

"We're like...'Riding a dragon over fields of lava' epic!"
The Angel Foundation.

I dunno if it exists outside of Canada but theres probably comparable ones.

It's one who helps people who can't afford Christmas.
good for you man, i respect that
maybe make a wish? idk that just seems like a great charity and you know its going to a great cause, since the kid gets whatever they want
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
You should donate it to an organization that works in Afghanistan. They really need help building up, not only more soldiers going rampage.
Well, seeing as it's Christmas, it'd be logical to give it to one of those charities for underprivileged kids.
Good on you though, man.
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by Guitarfreak777
Me? I am tired of being poor.

Seriously?
Coming from the guy with a Gibson and a Taylor.
Quote by tona_107
Seriously?
Coming from the guy with a Gibson and a Taylor.

hah. seriously.
>=/
Quote by Pyrofretnic
Remember kids, solid state half stack=penis extension.

Quote by PatchworkMan
I have no idea when the world is going to end, and anyone who says he does is a cook.

Quote by smb
Those chefs can't be trusted.

"We're like...'Riding a dragon over fields of lava' epic!"
so far unprivaleged kids at christmas is probally the one most likely, does anybody have any specific organizations?
pffft..anyone can give charity if they don't want anything..just wait untill you get GAS, then we'll see..

jk, I think it's a cool thing to do..but don't throw it away to anyone, look up different charities and check how your money would be spent
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Afgahnistan

Seriously, give to this organization. I've given to them for about 2 years and I can guarantee its a very serious org. The Swedish state org SFI check em regularly so all the money goes where they are supposed to.
seeing as this is the pit, a charity that helps rape victims might add a touch of irony to the donation?
Technically, I invented sound

Quote by ckellingc
It's posts like this that make me wish I could post a picture of a vagina.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Since it's Christmas, how about a charity that buys toys for underprivileged kids.

This ^
My family donates toys and money to charities like this every year, it's a good cause.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Honestly, give me money. I could nab myself a prestige RG or some form of a high-end guitar if I add £300 of my own cash.
Quote by guio/billie-joe
Hey Pit,
after contemplating it, i have decided to give away my christmas to charity, i came to this because i do not need anything, nor do i want anything and i would only be asking for something for the sake of christmas, when there are people who need it much more than me,

My question is

What Charity Should I Give It Away To? (It is going to be around £300-£400 in cash)

I have a few in mind but more options would be helpful, thanks

EDIT : so far unprivaleged kids at christmas is probally the one most likely, does anybody have any specific organizations?
i dunno if the UK has the same charity, but Toys for Tots might be one good place.
little kids in poor families would get a present.

or maybe donate some of the money to a soup kitchen or homeless shelter.
put a few hours in working there, too.
you can meet a few of the people you're helping.
makes it more real, and you'll be inspired to give again, when you can.

btw,
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Your gonna regret it man . . . . . . .
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
I don't know who to give it to, but that's an extremely selfless and generous act. Good on you.
Quote by SlicedBread
why not volunteer? not only is it more beneficial, you will feel a lot better

i would do but around christmas is about being with family for me, i will probally volunteer at some point but not this year
I have no idea. An autism fund maybe? Google it. It's a good cause. But lotsa respect for you man. Good thing to do
"I Like Cheese"
The Union for out of work Rabbit trappers-I can PM you an Address
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Just a thought, when I used to go Trick or Treat'ing, my dad would take all the candy I didn't like to the hospital for the kids who couldn't go.

You might want to go around, no costume, with a pillow sack saying its for a good cause and you'll probably get a lot for those kids.
At the mall every year they have a christmas tree with a bunch of cards on it listing what different underprivileged kids want. My family used to get a couple of kids what they asked for every year. I think I'm going to do that this year.
Page 1 of 2