It's interestin that on Oct. 31, besides Halloween, is also Samhain. Idk bout you, but this Wiccan/Neo-pagan holy day is kinda creepy. Maybe it's the the rituals and the book of shadows shit. Wikipedia makes it sounded pretty damn wierd, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samhain.

Discuss...
my birthday!!!!!!

EDIT: Posted without reading, cool
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
Happy Birthday arch, and this is kind of weird... i guess thats why some people dont let their kids trick or treat...and they say anyone born on Halloween is evil...so that means we must kill Arch!
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Quote by Arch Enemy 65
my birthday!!!!!!

EDIT: Posted without reading, cool

also when my grandparents got married. yeah.....
I am a Pagan and I celebrate Samhain. It's not all that wierd really, Yule became Christmas and Easter was a Pagan celebration.

I just think it's to do with all the bad press Pagan's get from all the "she's a witch!!! burn her!!!" days. Not only that, the bad press from the symbol of our faith being used by young teens as a symbol of the devil or claiming they are wiccan because they worship satan. Bloody youths giving good folk a bad name.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by shk89
wiccans are people that worship wikipedia right?

Yes, they click the random button, and the first page to pop up is what they worship, be it magic spells, pants, or Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
Yes, they click the random button, and the first page to pop up is what they worship, be it magic spells, pants, or Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots.

i guess i was a pagan from 7-9 years old
I'm Steve
Quote by rockhardmetal
It's interestin that on Oct. 31, besides Halloween, is also Samhain. Idk bout you, but this Wiccan/Neo-pagan holy day is kinda creepy. Maybe it's the the rituals and the book of shadows shit. Wikipedia makes it sounded pretty damn wierd, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samhain.

Discuss...

Samhain came before Halloween.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Samhain came before Halloween. They just Christianized Samhain because nobody had the heart to tell the peasants that there'd be no holiday that day anymore.

Priest:"I'm sorry everyone, we can't celebrate Samhain anymore, we are Christian now."

Villager
:"What? No Samhain this year?! Fuck this! Let's be Pagans again! Kill the priests!"

Priest
:"Wait! No! There's no more Samhain, but... we have something better!

um...

Halloween! Yes, Halloween. Much better than Samhain."

Villager:"Hoorah for Christianity!"

That's how it went down.
Last edited by Trefellin at Oct 29, 2008,
Quote by daniel.mycoe
I am a Pagan and I celebrate Samhain. It's not all that wierd really, Yule became Christmas and Easter was a Pagan celebration.

Christmas and Easter were already a Christian Celebration, they didnt travel over from other religions. They have their own meanings.
And i agree with the part of symbols being tarnished because the stupid teens only knowing one meaning of it from the government and that gets built up and passed down, eventually leaving the actually meaning behind and lost.
I was baptised on halloween.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by cfhwarhead
Christmas and Easter were already a Christian Celebration, they didnt travel over from other religions. They have their own meanings.
And i agree with the part of symbols being tarnished because the stupid teens only knowing one meaning of it from the government and that gets built up and passed down, eventually leaving the actually meaning behind and lost.

nope, Christmas and Easter are Pagan holidays. I thought it was crazy but i looked into it. think of easter and you think of eggs? thats because the egg is the symbol for the goddess of fertility and Easter is her holiday
I'm Steve
Quote by cfhwarhead

I didn't mean that they became the celebrations as such, I just mean that they are help on pretty much the same dates.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Christmas and Easter sunday were created to help convert more pagans over to christianity.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Quote by rockhardmetal

Discuss...

wait, wasn't Samhain Glenn Danzig's post Misfits band?
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
nope, Christmas and Easter are Pagan holidays. I thought it was crazy but i looked into it. think of easter and you think of eggs? thats because the egg is the symbol for the goddess of fertility and Easter is her holiday

Eostre, spot on.

The majority of Christian holidays were placed on the same day as existing Pagan festivals to make it easier for people to accept the change.

For reference purposes, by the way, there is no such religion as 'Pagan.' It's a blanket term for a wide variety of belief systems.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by Trefellin
Samhain came before Halloween. They just Christianized Samhain because nobody had the heart to tell the peasants that there'd be no holiday that day anymore.

Priest:"I'm sorry everyone, we can't celebrate Samhain anymore, we are Christian now."

Villager
:"What? No Samhain this year?! Fuck this! Let's be Pagans again! Kill the priests!"

Priest
:"Wait! No! There's no more Samhain, but... we have something better!

um...

Halloween! Yes, Halloween. Much better than Samhain."

Villager:"Hoorah for Christianity!"

That's how it went down.

Winner!

BRAVO!!!
Quote by neopowell
Eostre, spot on.

The majority of Christian holidays were placed on the same day as existing Pagan festivals to make it easier for people to accept the change.

For reference purposes, by the way, there is no such religion as 'Pagan.' It's a blanket term for a wide variety of belief systems.

I know, I call myself Pagan purely because my faith takes aspects from several Pagan faiths, but mostly Wiccan. Problem is these days is that when you call yourself Wiccan, people assume you worship the devil. Damn you modern society!!
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Quote by daniel.mycoe
I know, I call myself Pagan purely because my faith takes aspects from several Pagan faiths, but mostly Wiccan. Problem is these days is that when you call yourself Wiccan, people assume you worship the devil. Damn you modern society!!

Damn five-pointed stars all look the same these days....
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

A "Festival of the Dead" sounds a lot more fun than Halloween
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Quote by daniel.mycoe

i consider Wiccan to be almost opposite of Christianity, so in my terms, Wiccan is satanic
I'm Steve
may i ask.
is Baphomet in any way satanic?

i have seen it portrayed as satanic. but is this just a miss interpritation?
Quote by mythicaldude
may i ask.
is Baphomet in any way satanic?

i have seen it portrayed as satanic. but is this just a miss interpritation?

just wiki'ed it. it seems pretty satanic to me
I'm Steve